Dislocated or Splayed Leg?

Dan23

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 4, 2017
Southwest Missouri
I have a peachick that is 3 weeks old that I just noticed has a leg that seems to be dislocated. It doesn't kick out to the side but seems to fold inward a bit under her. Will zip tying or using bandaids on the legs to keep them straight and together help? It seems that the joint is swollen. I'm not sure what to do to help correct the problem -- any suggestions or is there no hope? I'll upload some pics. This is a pied bronze chick.

IMG_20170729_161139642 sm.jpg
IMG_20170729_161216311 sm.jpg
IMG_20170729_161157034 sm.jpg

It's Pen Pal medicated chick starter grower...not sure of the protein level right off the bat. I've raised scores of peachicks using chicken starter grower and haven't had this happen before....

Yeah, it looks like putting the bird down is the only option . . . thanks for your help. I double checked the feed...I'm using the Manna medicated chick starter and grower right now, which was the recommended feed (I have a large bag of Pen Pal chick starter grower that I haven't opened yet). My other chicks haven't shown any signs of tendons slipping. Hopefully this was just one of those rare cases.

Back
Top Bottom