Disrupted schedule in worming treatment - now what?

M-I Chicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 31, 2012
Monmouth, Oregon
My small flock of 14 month old chickens had round worms. I treated with Wazine 11 days ago, and had planed to treat them with Valbazen yesterday (10 days after the Wazine treatment) but it did not arrive in the mail.

Now, due to scheduling issues, I will not be able to treat using the Valbazen until Monday night 15 days after the first treatment with Wazine.

I worry that due to the roundworm cycle the hens will have more roundworms before I can treat them at the 15 day mark (Monday) with the Valbazen.

Question: is it ok to wait and give them the Valbazen on day 15, or should I give them another dose of Wazine today, and treat with Valbazen in the future at the recommended schedule of 10 days later.

Thanks!

No need to give more Wazine. Wazine kills only roundworms. Valbazen kills roundworms plus all the other kinds.

Thanks for your quick reply. My worry was that the roundworms would rebound with the delay in treatment, and the Valbazen treatment on day 15 might overwhelm their system when shedding new roundworms and other worms if they are present.

Back
Top Bottom