Disturbing chick order

If you want free chicks ( and you live in a rural area ) I was told to go to the post office the day after Easter, you can buy the " Undeliverable" chicks for 25 cents that people werent home, no address found or whatever reason, this poor chicks die for that reason. I will be checking my PO soon as I heard they are loaded with undeliverable chicks every year.
Pretty sure it's absolutely illegal for POs to do that

I seen people taking orders that werent theirs before due to the person never picked them up etc guess it depends
The rule is you have 24 hours to pick them up once called, but there is also a no return on them, so... I assume they try to make the best effort for the chicks survival rather than ditch them in the trash. Im only sharing the info I was told by a farmer to save these little guys. Never know what youre going to get ( meat Birds, egg layers, rare or fancy breeds.... ) Not here to bicker whats right or wrong, if you dont like what they do then turn a blind eye and carry on.

If you want free chicks ( and you live in a rural area ) I was told to go to the post office the day after Easter, you can buy the " Undeliverable" chicks for 25 cents that people werent home, no address found or whatever reason, this poor chicks die for that reason. I will be checking my PO soon as I heard they are loaded with undeliverable chicks every year.
Oh my, I had no idea! So the Monday after Easter? My kids are now on a justice mission to save the chicks. I guess I know where I will be that morning...hitting up every post office in our rural-ish area. (And I already have 2 stock tanks with chicks in them and an incubator full of duck eggs.... LOL.)

So sorry this happened. If I were you I would skip the middleman(TSC) and go straight to source (Hoover's Hatchery). I think you might find a better assortment to choose from, and you can get them vaccinated for Marek's if you want.
When you put an order in from TSC you can still get them vaccinated from Hoovers. Place your order, then call hoovers directly with the order number from TSC and they will vaccinate for Mareks if you ask. I got this directly from Hoovers. TSC does not know about this nor does the store. Just fyi

Oh my, I had no idea! So the Monday after Easter? My kids are now on a justice mission to save the chicks. I guess I know where I will be that morning...hitting up every post office in our rural-ish area. (And I already have 2 stock tanks with chicks in them and an incubator full of duck eggs.... LOL.)
I checked with 2 post offices in our area last week, and they are not allowed to release birds to anyone but the recipient. One of them told me they make every effort to contact the addressee: 3 calls and even coming in on Saturday or Sunday to make pickup possible. The other one told me they didn't have any this week, but also that they have released unclaimed birds into a nearby field (which of course is a death sentence). If someone was there to quickly catch them after release, I wonder....

You can call them and arrange to pick up, they can call you if they arent delivered or picked up within the timeframe or if they have any non deliverable packages sign up to be called

Back
Top Bottom