Dixie Chicks

Fire ants???

Wish we could talk about the political stuff... Arg!!!
You know where to go if you want to talk flags my friends.

Yepp, those red ones that bite. Well, I picked up the next closest chicken and plucked her on the fire ant nest. After a few seconds she noticed that she had a few run over her, jumped off the bale and tried to shake the rest off.
In the mean time, 2 other chickens "escaped" the coop, so now I had to lure them back in with a handfull of grains. Until I have caught that fox, no one is allowed to free range.

Now, what to do about all that bad straw?

Ugh, sorry about the fire ants, BC... at least they weren't cow ants... blech, I never even heard of those til I moved here...
hmm.png

what are cow ants?

I've seen carpenter ants at work. You can hear those chew up entire walls and they are big too!

Dunno how close you'll come by me, but there's an awesome peach farm really close... Jim's brother was just there yesterday, he comes down from Chicago every summer and gets them...
There's a real popular local BBQ place nearby too, tons of people love it but I'm not much of a fan...

We have one of them here, Brooks's bbq. Big beautiful place, always packed, line to get in, food IMHO not so good. Had a guy at work from down south doing confined space training, said we were the icecreameateness people of any state he'd been to (we are one of the biggest dairy producers in the US). Said our pizza was the best, but went to that bbq place and it was awfull. I agreed. I told him it was featured on one of Rachel Ray's shows, $40 a day. She had hotdogs at the Cooperstown baseball hall of fame game, beer and local cheese at brewery Ommegang, and then went to Brooks.
He asked if she liked it. Well of course she said she did, maybe just for the show, or maybe she was still buzzed from the suds at Ommegang Lol. Their Belgian style beers are pretty potent, most around 10%.

Last edited:
Not my pic, but...

http://lancaster.unl.edu/pest/resources/cowkiller.shtml

They're called cow killers or velvet ants... guess technically they're a type of solitary wasp, females have a very nasty sting...

I almost picked one up first time I found it... then saw the huge stinger on it...

they look different, cool but dangerous!
Woo hoo! Just came home and my silkie has finally gone broody! I bought her as a hen and it took me months to even get her to lay and now about a month to get her to sit.
wee.gif

I just had a brilliant lunch. The office ladies from next door (our office) put on a spread of desserts: make your own sundae! Usually it's "our side" (shop side) that puts on a bbq and invites the office ladies. This time the ladies invited. It was nice, we don't often have a chance to mingle.

Back
Top Bottom