Dixie Chicks

@perchie.girl sculptors made from driftwood :)

amazing isnt it? I have seen this artists work before or at least an artist that works with driftwood similar to this

I want to do one with a boulder on my property... of a horse laying down and the boulder as his back and hip... then a steelwork neck with a nodding head... steel for the legs too...

One day when I get a welder.

deb

Chicken love!! My broody hens sister snuggled into the nest box with her and their rooster is getting as close as possible. (Please excuse the makeshift "coop" their coop is being built)

I am now getting paranoid.

:oops: There are SO many possible symptoms for Mareks.... How is there any way to know if I have it?

Just the fact that I hatch lots of chicks and they don't all die? That is proof that I don't have Mareks?

I did just had a duckling die :( no idea why.... Kid #4 looked it over closely... Doesn't look like it was hurt (it was with two co-parenting mama ducks and the drake), and it wasn't stuck anywhere... Just on the ground between the nestbox and the feeder and waterer. And yes, there was feed and water. :idunno The rest of them, 10, look fine.

Maybe five years back I had one rooster that got weak in the legs and then died... that is my only paralysis death.

Hummmm

A few have died over the years from respiratory stuff... I didn't medicate them... But no big die offs. The only one that wasted away was a deformed chick. It was hatched with only one eye... But it got along fine, so we kept it, but poor girl started I think to have heart failure. She started loosing weight, and then having problems breathing..... Anyway, I had to put her down. :( poor girl. I was so proud of her, getting along so well with only the one eye.

OK... I am clearly being silly...... Paranoid ville.... Because none of my rambling sounded like Mareks.

I am now getting paranoid.

hide.gif
There are SO many possible symptoms for Mareks.... How is there any way to know if I have it?

Just the fact that I hatch lots of chicks and they don't all die? That is proof that I don't have Mareks?

I did just had a duckling die
sad.png
no idea why.... Kid #4 looked it over closely... Doesn't look like it was hurt (it was with two co-parenting mama ducks and the drake), and it wasn't stuck anywhere... Just on the ground between the nestbox and the feeder and waterer. And yes, there was feed and water.
idunno.gif
The rest of them, 10, look fine.

Maybe five years back I had one rooster that got weak in the legs and then died... that is my only paralysis death.

Hummmm

A few have died over the years from respiratory stuff... I didn't medicate them... But no big die offs. The only one that wasted away was a deformed chick. It was hatched with only one eye... But it got along fine, so we kept it, but poor girl started I think to have heart failure. She started loosing weight, and then having problems breathing..... Anyway, I had to put her down.
sad.png
poor girl. I was so proud of her, getting along so well with only the one eye.

OK... I am clearly being silly...... Paranoid ville.... Because none of my rambling sounded like Mareks.
hugs.gif

VERY pretty!

I really like the blue Ameraucana looking one, and the blue laced red... But that one is a splash, right? And the buff brahma.... I do really like the buff columbian color pattern.

There is a chance that some of these d'anver chicks that I am raising might grow into buff columbians.

Back
Top Bottom