Dixie Chicks

Homemade Mayo
Ingredients: (double recipe amounts first in parenthesis)

(2whole)-- 1 whole "laid that day" large egg
(1t)-- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
(1/2t).. 1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of paprika (I use sweet paprika-La Chinata, but any is fine or omit)
(4T)..2 tablespoons MEYER LEMON JUICE
(2C).. 1 cup vegetable oil (or your preferred oil...canola, olive or grape seed oil or combo)

Directions:
Crack egg into blender, add mustard, salt paprika and lemon juice...cover and pulse to mix.
Remove "hole" cover in blender lid and turn on to low,,,,then SLOWLY add oil in a stream through the hole.... Don't worry about how long it takes to pour, just continue, scrape down the sides if needed, and keep to a fine stream until all the oil is added. When I double the recipe I take a break to measure out a second cup of oil..then proceed on medium speed then. Blend until it is the consistency of mayo.
smile.png

These days a "blender" is what I have always used, but some folk make the same recipe in a food processor.
Tip: everything...dry blender container, egg, all ingredients and tools need to be room temp or more...not cold.
Tip: If oil is added too fast it will curdle the batch (I use two hands on the oil-filled measuring cup..one finger under the pour-spout to help control the flow and the "aim," and the other hand on the cup handle, tilting the pour of the cup against my finger into the blender. so yummy. So much better than store bought...another level of deviled eggs and potato salad...just yum.

Thankyou very much!

Back
Top Bottom