Dixie Chicks

Good one bama
Hey Jem
1f60a.png

So this is getting worse and worse on the ankle. Now I have to go in for an MRI today. They are wanting to see how much muscle damage is done. They kept saying surgery which freaks me the hell out!

ROFL!!

My Friday today: in the next 4 days I need to start moving my 5 babies into the main flock. I think they are 11 1/2 weeks old. Then move my breeding trio in to the isolation pen in the coop so they will be a bit warmer then in the tractor.

And finally drive 1 1/2 hours to the seed cleaning plant to pick up feeds. Hopefully enough to last over christmas and then only do one more trip down there before the move. 90 ducks eat a lot!

ROFL!!

My Friday today: in the next 4 days I need to start moving my 5 babies into the main flock. I think they are 11 1/2 weeks old. Then move my breeding trio in to the isolation pen in the coop so they will be a bit warmer then in the tractor. 

And finally drive 1 1/2 hours to the seed cleaning plant to pick up feeds. Hopefully enough to last over christmas and then only do one more trip down there before the move. 90 ducks eat a lot!
trust me, I know how much 90 ducks eat! I'm feeding 100lbs a night to everything here. I'm feeding out my butcher ducks on cracked corn. I couldn't afford expensive feed for them anymore. If I had access to unpasteurized milk, I'd be feeding them the corn soaked in it.

trust me, I know how much 90 ducks eat! I'm feeding 100lbs a night to everything here. I'm feeding out my butcher ducks on cracked corn. I couldn't afford expensive feed for them anymore. If I had access to unpasteurized milk, I'd be feeding them the corn soaked in it.

Please don't take this wrong, but it takes someone like you to make me appreciate my feed bill! Here I am racking my brain over 400lbs a week...LOL God love ya!

I'd love 90 ducks, wifey, not so much! We have 19, pekins(some jumbo some crested), runners and 2 muscovies...

Last edited:
@minihorse927 how many ducks do you have left?
I have come up with a feed mix of corn, peas, wheat and oats and tiny bit of alfalfa. Thanks to the peas that I got from the plant my feed price was reasonable.. I bought 200+kg for $30....

Back
Top Bottom