Dixie Chicks

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone....

Oh -- the y'all stuff.... I'm not originally from TX. So I needed to learn -- here was what they told me. ' y'all' is one or two..... if you want to include a LOT of folks -- then it is "all y'all"
wink.png

Perhaps that is dialectical to south TX only.

Just returned from a trip to Ohio -- up there the first signs of spring daffodils, forsythia, they had even gotten a late snow the week before and there were piles of melting snow that had been cleared from the motel parking lot. They think that the peach crop may have been frozen out/frozen back due to the snow -- but they won't know for awhile.

Here in East Tx, our dogwoods were out in March, all the paperwhites, etc. - - and the redbuds long before that. I remember when I lived in California -- spring always came in Feb.

What signs are showing in other parts of the land --?? what are you seeing?

15 gallon chicken nipples waterer working good, no leaks. Saving jersey giant eggs. I hear long torpedo shaped ones don't hatch good, one of my pullets has been laying that shape. Now she's laying huge ones, mid 80s grams. Other pullet laying normal shaped eggs mid 60s grams. Hopefully the large size of the long eggs now helps, they are not double yolkers.

15 gallon chicken nipples waterer working good, no leaks. Saving jersey giant eggs. I hear long torpedo shaped ones don't hatch good, one of my pullets has been laying that shape. Now she's laying huge ones, mid 80s grams. Other pullet laying normal shaped eggs mid 60s grams. Hopefully the large size of the long eggs now helps, they are not double yolkers.
wow! 80gr

What signs are showing in other parts of the land --?? what are you seeing?

Any friend of the Bama Clan is a welcomed friend of ours too. Welcome in...
love.gif

What signs are we seeing up in the Great White North? At the Village?

You start noticing things that you NEVER ever notice when its forty below (and like the song...you know the next line, eh!)...yup, never seen it...and why they have a season for spring cleaning...gulp...
tongue.png

Like how the h377 did the Man Porch door window get so dang dirty?
hu.gif

<<Oh yeh...never mind...>>

Like there are "Honey do" things building up (these combo panels are to be cut to fit my corral panels for the six hair ewe lambs soon to be weaned and here).

Like you have a horrific head cold and yet, you still get the corral panels put up and extra assortment stacked for the tractor to move away...spring time!

Like the leaves on the trees (the three kings at the graveyard) are busting out in green force

Like you know spring is here because your first pair of sapsuckers has landed and been noisy enough you notice them!
big_smile.png

Not just noticing the holes they make in the birch trees

Yeh, you know spring has sprung because the dogs have found the most luscious and energetic places to shed off that old winter coat...

Spring is full swing ON and now...you won't have a spare moment edge wise till like September...
wee.gif

Paying for the sins of a nice mild winter...indeed!
barnie.gif

That's how "I" know it is spring in this Land.
lau.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Recently did the doggy DNA kit on our newest addition to the pack. We had surmised her half mini schnauzer, but the 1/4 Australian Cattle Dog was a bit of a surprise. I guess that explains her funny tail and attempts to herd my DH.

Molly

Back
Top Bottom