Dixie Chicks

Crash and Lady Grey hatched out all 13 of their eggs... and they are an amazing momma duo!!

15 gallon chicken nipples waterer working good, no leaks. Saving jersey giant eggs. I hear long torpedo shaped ones don't hatch good, one of my pullets has been laying that shape. Now she's laying huge ones, mid 80s grams. Other pullet laying normal shaped eggs mid 60s grams. Hopefully the large size of the long eggs now helps, they are not double yolkers.
ep.gif

Congrats on the Cemani's.

WE breed Greenfir line Cemani's, have adults, chicks and hatching eggs.
One of our Hens just hatched 6 chicks in the nesting box. Is this common?

Thanks

Sounds like you have a good broody hen. :D X2 on loving that chicken in the avatar. What kind of chicken is it?

I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday. It all started about 1am Sunday night. I am a light sleeper. I heard a noise which sounded like a cat screaming. I got up, went to the back porch, flipped on the light which wouldn't come on (sensor light), so I opened the door & little dog ran out. He chased whatever was out there. I grabbed the flashlight and threw on my boots and ran after him. I was trying to quietly yell for Buddy so I didn't disturb the neighbors & so I could hopefully hear him. I went all the way to the back of the property, and looked for probably 1/2 hr. Came back to the house, woke up hubby, took off down the road in the car to look for him. Drove around 2 roads down, no sign of Buddy. I headed back home, and there he was headed into the driveway. YEAH!

Monday morning I was SO TIRED from all the commotion. I got ready for work. I did not realize my CCL rooster had not crowed. When I left for work, he did not greet me at the front door as he normally does. I took note of it, but thought he was just outside picking bugs with the other roosters. When I got home from work, he did not come running to the car for his treat. That's when it all hit me. We started searching immediately.

King Tut got killed.:hit
Don't know what predator it was, coyote, raccoon, fox, unsure. Piles of feathers in several places on the property. Thinking back, I am super blessed the dog did not get killed as well. Have the "have-a-heart" traps set and ready. If it's a coyote, it'll never go in there. Praying that it doesn't strike again. I miss my rooster.:(

Back
Top Bottom