Dixie Chicks

Yep Pepperoni extreme... Layer of sauce layer of cheese layer of pepperoni layer of MORE cheese..... Then the Delux.... Green peppers, sausage, onions, olives and cheese.... their crust is a medium crust but crunchy on the bottom.

Then the Antipasta and really good dinner salads.

Its been an horiffic week starting on Saturday and ending yesterday.... I will write about it later after the dust settles. But it involved grandma falling again slicing up her arm a trip to the ER and the descovery of a heart issue.... another trip to Scripps La Jolla and the installation of a Pacemaker..... we are all worn out. Grandma is doing better.

Next ordeal is having a nurse come every two days once we get a schedual setup......
th.gif

deb
ep.gif
hugs.gif

gotta new bench made by 50 to rest my bones :)
Nice job, 50!!
Nice! I'd love one just like it! Sign me up please :)
X2!!
Yep Pepperoni extreme... Layer of sauce layer of cheese layer of pepperoni layer of MORE cheese..... Then the Delux.... Green peppers, sausage, onions, olives and cheese.... their crust is a medium crust but crunchy on the bottom. Then the Antipasta and really good dinner salads. Its been an horiffic week starting on Saturday and ending yesterday.... I will write about it later after the dust settles. But it involved grandma falling again slicing up her arm a trip to the ER and the descovery of a heart issue.... another trip to Scripps La Jolla and the installation of a Pacemaker..... we are all worn out. Grandma is doing better. Next ordeal is having a nurse come every two days once we get a schedual setup...... :th deb
Ugh... so sorry, Deb... :hugs

Next ordeal is having a nurse come every two days once we get a schedual setup...... :th

deb
[/quote]

Deb, hopefully that can be a help not an ordeal. (give her some eggs to take home?) Tell her to let herself in, if that is what you want? Some home health nurses really do want to be a help and not a bother.

Sorry about your grandmother; I hope she recovers completely. :hugs

Betty

Heel low:

Bin perfect weather for doing the down right & DIRTy drudgery...garden prep work and spring pen clearing has been flying along. So don't it like seem that gardens and animal husbandry just go together, eh. Like ships in bottles...
lau.gif

Tater bed has 12 loads of composted turkey run plops, three loads of chicken and oat straw soiled bedding (need to do more in that aspect to this other part)--should rejuvenate the dirt for many years to come; a stich in time saves nine.
wink.png

This was in the new orchard and only at -2C

Not very hot (not the 30C we had a week er so ago...that was brutal!), and getting down pretty often now to freezing cold...-4C AGAIN this morn. Extra glad I never once got tempted to put the bedding out plants OUT...disastrous and avoided.

Mantra of a good gardener in the Great White North is that nothing goes out till the first of June...not ever...one night of this and all the time, growth and effort is for naught.
barnie.gif

Soil prep is the focus for now and the dogs are my worst critics...
hmm.png

Lacy exclaims, "You see what she's hauling! BLICK!"

They watch me haul the pen cleanings and then the composted plops out to the prepped up dirt and till them in...then taking chicken bedding with oat straw to complement it, haul that over and till it in. Fluff fluff, churn churn, mixy mix it up...hmmm...good...real plumb GOODNESS!
wee.gif

The dogs never give me a complaint about the produce grown...some carnivores...they love their greens!

Do the girl pups need their sugar peas? Well do yah??
lol.png

Like most canines, they will snack on fresh poop too if given a chance. I just think perhaps it is the concept of recycled poop that gets their craw...you know, poop becomes dirt...and well round these here parts, dirt dogs is a phrase used to cuss not fuss over the dogs. Wah wah wah...

Heaven forbid the dogs get covered in dirt...not likely to get big huggies when yer a dusty doggette, eh. Nope, a dirt dog is not wanted so much.
sad.png

Here's a slick and quick dinner plan for those of us that push the coin and end up starving from the daily grind and pondering...waz for dinner, eh?
pop.gif

Put a big old pot of water on to boil, add a dash of oil to prevent sticking...get it to boil and add spaghetti...

Take one onion & get her diced, center of a celery, sliced and diced up...open up two cans of cream of mush, need a pound of burger, and some milk...I added beef steak because I craved protein...more please!
lol.png

Take out yer keep the peace maker (not the roller pin but the cast iron fry pan this round), brown the burger and drain if really fatty, toss in the onion and celery you've sliced up and fry all this mess...

When looking purdy cooked up...then add in the two cans of cream of mush soup, with some milk to simmer down, toss and mix this and voila...that be the sauce...

Do yer steaks to each of yer liking...add a sweet tea and tada...
clap.gif

Yum!
tongue.png

Dinner done quick and simple with one of those in yer guts, comfort suppers. Haven't quite figure out how to twin oneself, so you gotta do double the duty if'n you want a good garden AND a great home life which still means you gotta feed yer faces.

Cheating with a charmed & educated life where you can play in the dirt and the poo and still manage to keep them engines running in tip topped up shape. Yee haw and slop the chooks, eh.
D.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

That looks good Tara:drool.

Deb, poor dear. Hoping this week is less eventful for you.:D

I've had trouble getting my BYC subscription notifications. It's been aggravating. Also been super crazy here, so haven't checked in for a few days.

Yesterday 4am I went to ER. Been battling bronchitus for 2 months. Also have ear, and eye infections. Been to dr 3 times. Took SO MUCH MEDS, ugh! Started round #4 yesterday. wish me luck. The weather has been so sporadic here. One day it's 70s, same day it's down to 30s. And way too much rain. All the grain farmers are just waiting. We haven't had 2 sunny days in a row for months. Just nasty wet out there. All the mold spores in the air. :sick. I don't wonder why I am sick, I wonder when I will get better.

Accepted an offer for a new career yesterday:D. I've been looking, but been picky. Bank job has been a good stepping stone for me. I learned a lot and gained experience. As I am getting ready for work, I am reminding myself, I only have 2 more Saturdays to work! New job is further from home, but hours are flexible, lunches are taken on premises and its a paid break. Where I work now, we are required to clock out for 1 hour lunch. Sometimes longer if we are trending overtime. I live too far to drive home, so it's at least 5hours of my life wasted. There are a lot of positives about the new accounting job:D

It's POURING DOWN RAIN outside now:barnie. Someone tell Mother Nature enough is enough!!!! Have a good day:D

That looks good Tara:drool.

Deb, poor dear. Hoping this week is less eventful for you.:D

I've had trouble getting my BYC subscription notifications. It's been aggravating. Also been super crazy here, so haven't checked in for a few days.

Yesterday 4am I went to ER. Been battling bronchitus for 2 months. Also have ear, and eye infections. Been to dr 3 times. Took SO MUCH MEDS, ugh! Started round #4 yesterday. wish me luck. The weather has been so sporadic here. One day it's 70s, same day it's down to 30s. And way too much rain. All the grain farmers are just waiting. We haven't had 2 sunny days in a row for months. Just nasty wet out there. All the mold spores in the air. :sick. I don't wonder why I am sick, I wonder when I will get better.

Accepted an offer for a new career yesterday:D. I've been looking, but been picky. Bank job has been a good stepping stone for me. I learned a lot and gained experience. As I am getting ready for work, I am reminding myself, I only have 2 more Saturdays to work! New job is further from home, but hours are flexible, lunches are taken on premises and its a paid break. Where I work now, we are required to clock out for 1 hour lunch. Sometimes longer if we are trending overtime. I live too far to drive home, so it's at least 5hours of my life wasted. There are a lot of positives about the new accounting job:D

It's POURING DOWN RAIN outside now:barnie. Someone tell Mother Nature enough is enough!!!! Have a good day:D
Congratulations on the new job. Its raining that much in Ohio? Wow you need the pirate ship for your chickens.

Hey beer can what you said about the grave stone my grandma told me this story about someone in our family who got brain damage from a bad fever and went loopy so they ended up in the state hospital for being crazy and after he died years later my grandma went to see the grave but she couldn't find it and then she saw this house and she looked at the porch and the man that lived there had made the porch out of head stones. She told the news paper and I think they wrote something about it.

Back
Top Bottom