Do I continue to help or let her be?

Thank you! I am reading other post! And checking every hour on her. I damp the membrane to keep it wet and make sure she is warm, however I think we are at the waiting part.

Is this chick chirping? Anyway if its not bleeding you could continue assisting, 33 day! What is incubator temp? There should be something wrong. And how old are his parents?

Incubator is 99.7. His parents are 4. Chick is finally starting to chirp. I am just checking every hour but not removing anymore.

From what I read here, leaving them in there so long after they should have hatched (day 33!!!) can lead to really major problems. I would think you should help the little guy get the heck outta there, as @q8peafowl suggests! Any other expert hatch-helpers??? where are ya??

Last 1 I lost was 32 days I didn't assist. That's why I jumped on this one! She is moving around peeping, however membrane is still red veins so I'm just keeping it damp and checking on her.

Incubator is 99.7. His parents are 4. Chick is finally starting to chirp. I am just checking every hour but not removing anymore.

what's your humidity in the hatcher ? Should be close to 65-75% .
Normally once a chick makes the external pip and has made a tiny hole in the shell and membrane for air that's all it needs. From there it's a good idea to leave it alone and let it do what it needs to on it's own.
It has a LOT of work to do after making that pip like finishing up internalizing the yolk sac, which is extremely important.

Also, what humidity are you running them at during incubation , how & how often are you turning the eggs ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom