Do Silkie roosters tend to be aggressive?

i WISH my silkie roos were sweet. i just had one euthanized at the vet because he attacked everyone and was relentless.

i have 2 silkie roos left and they are showing some aggression too. we're working on them and hoping not to have to put them down too.
sad.png

in my situation, i think i know the cause. when they were a year old, we moved and family watched them for 9 months. it turns out that my father in law teased and kicked them so i'm assuming that's the root of their bad behavior.
sad.png

It's luck of the draw for all breeds of roosters. Personalities are different. Personally, my silkie roos are pretty nice but I've had a few turn mean. Not that mean and by no means can thoes fluff balls hurt anything. I had one start attacking a stand of grass once that was swaying in the wind... I don't think they are the brightest tools in the shed, but maybe thats because they can't see.

I have two. I have had them since they were a week old. Spoiled them, hold them, they follow me around and so I thought I had a tame roo...NOPE, this morning found out both are Roo's and now the one (the one who crowed first) attacked me, and one of my 7 week old Easter Eggers who I am guessing is also a roo, he actually came at me from across the yard, so sad, I love my silkies ...hoped one at least was a girl, but I am afraid not, both are crowing and the aggressive one has to go!

You should be fine as long as your kids don't terrorize him and the hens to bad, if they do, it is a possibility. If they are very nice with your chickens, Your silkie will most likely not be aggressive. I've had 2 in the past (2 silkie roosters) and 1 would false attack. He would never attack he would just go all "tuff guy" which is hilarious considering there all fluffy and cute, and he would do the little wing dance the roosters do to me. So i dought a silkie would ever attack! And even if they did, I'm not so sure it would damage very easily! They are pretty harmless!

Can someone tell me if I have two males? I know the one with the dark red head is male he xrows and is the one that came after me. The other has started crowing but it is weak and sounds weird, so not sure?

Also have some EE think I have 3 females one male and I am not sure only judging by color of combs. Can anyone help?

The black and white has a dark red comb two I can guess are females but one other I am not sure of ?

Back
Top Bottom