Do you Coupon?

math ace

Crowing
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I started couponing about 6 months ago. Since then, I have ran into resistance with my friends. Some declare that the 1/2 price sales at Publix or Winn Dixie are good enough for them. I have converted a few folks. They see the work that goes into couponing, but are more impressed when I they see what I bring home for $10.

I am wondering if there are other serious couponers on BYC. Unfortunately, I live in Florida. We are in one of the few states that DO NOT double coupon.... Uggh... However, I still leave the stores feeling GREAT about my purchases.

Tomorrow is Sunday. The new ads and coupons will be out. Are you ready to save? What deals are you seeing?

Last edited:
I am so surprised that there were no replies to this post...

I picked up 6 containers of pillsbury vanilla frosting and 4 bottles of right gaurd body wash at target today for $2 TOTAL after coupons. . . .
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
I just had to do my own little happy dance of that one
big_smile.png

Way to go! I always admire people who know how to combine the sales and the coupons and the rebates...I'm one of those who will take the time to cut out coupons and then leave them at home on the counter. Just not organized enough! But good for you...especially in this economy, I'm sure you have better places to put your money than the grocery store!

Yes, getting organized is a must. I have tried several things trying to make it work for me. What I have found that works best is having a bag designated as my couponing bag. I carry a couple of spiral notebooks in it. I staple my coupons into the spiral notebooks.

I do as much prep before going to the store. What works really good for me is to get a copy of the store's ad. I pull all the coupons I think I am going to need ahead of time and staple them to the front of the ad. That way I don't have to look for any coupons while shopping.

I still take my whole coupon bag into the store JUST INCASE I see some unadvertised special that I KNOW I have a coupon for. Right now, I am keeping my eye open for hershey kisses. I've got coupons for them that expire in a few days and am hoping I stumble across some being clearanced off with the rest of the Christmas candies
wink.png

Sounds like you've got a good system going. I really should make more of an effort. I was unemployed for a few months this year, and it really opened my eyes to how wasteful my family is. Now I'm working again, but the new job pays less than the old one, so this would be the time to try and cut back on expenses.

Sounds like you've got a good system going. I really should make more of an effort. I was unemployed for a few months this year, and it really opened my eyes to how wasteful my family is. Now I'm working again, but the new job pays less than the old one, so this would be the time to try and cut back on expenses.
ABSOLUTELY! It takes a little to get in the swing of things. It takes a little while to locate your favorite web sites for coupon matchups or printable coupons. However, it can be a God Send. I went shopping yesterday. My grocery bill was $70 AFTER coupons. I gave the cashier $140 in coupons. WOW...IS ALL I CAN SAY. It isn't like that every week, but the normal is still impressive. I normally match coupons to sale prices. I nomally pay for 40 to 50% of my bill in coupons - EXCLUDING meat products. . . .

My mom uses coupons. I don't though, I think it's more of a female thing (not trying to sound sexist) but that's what I think. I'm sure men do use them.
I think that might be because most of the time it is women that do the grocery shopping. My husband supports it 100%. I did see on one of those coupon shows where a family had THREE generations of couponing males. The whole time I was watching I was thinking how wonderful it would be if my husband would shop for ANYTHING....

Thanks for the post, I really, should try to coupon more!
Maybe I will make that my new years resolution!! To save money on coupons. I always do the sale thing, but never coupon, I try, I cut and click and leave them at home!! I think I may try your method! This would help a lot I think!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the post, I really, should try to coupon more!
Maybe I will make that my new years resolution!! To save money on coupons. I always do the sale thing, but never coupon, I try, I cut and click and leave them at home!! I think I may try your method! This would help a lot I think!

Thanks again!

What kinds of stores do you shop at in Canada? Do your stores let you Double Coupon?

Back
Top Bottom