Do you decorate the outside of your house for Christmas? see page 5

woodmort

RIP 1938-2020
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
I'll start off by saying that we don't. Did about 40 years ago but stopped and haven't restarted--unless you count the Santa we hang just inside the front storm door. We do put up our tree in the window in the livingroom but that faces away from any road.

Last edited:
The front yard looks like an airport runway.
idunno.gif
Wife says we do it for the grandkids. Sure, that's the answer. A 6' snowman, 4 reindeer(2 with moving heads), a white christmas tree surrounded by lighted gifts. Lights around the railing of the front porch and side deck, lights along the eaves of the house, hanging colored balls from the porch ceiling, multi colored lights on the shrubbery. Oh yeah, I forgot the angel. She's new.
he.gif

I bet I have the same trio of illuminated chickens!
41679_xmas-mychickenlights.jpg

I also wound a "forever" garland with battery powered lights around a lamp post, and hung a similar wreath-ish thing on the front security screen.

That's it.

No, I live in the country and the house is not visible from the road.

I do need to find the wreaths we put on the gates though. That's the extent of our exterior Christmas decorating.

The outside we have a small string of lights, because we thought it would be longer then it was
wink.png
but the inside is done up real nicely. We will be getting a tree this Wednesday and probably decorate it when the grandkids come up (my neice and nephew).

My truck radio however, is set at 93.1 which is the local ALL THE TIME CHRISTMAS music station, along with 96.1 for those of you in Sacramento area haha. I love Christmas music, loooove it. If I had good music and good food I would be totally happy lol!

I usually do. About 50-60 strings of lights. The house, windows, trees, bushes even the ground. The one year I did not the neighbors came by to see if I was OK. Thinking I'm gonna cut back though. Way too expensive to run them now. Planning on buying a few nets and calling it good.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom