Do you have a cat?

I've got an older cat, 14 years old, who is a real sourpuss, who actually hisses at the ducks. She pretty much hates anything new, so I think she might accept them in time. My younger cat, who is 3, has been much more curious. She likes to watch them and hang out in the same room. I haven't let her get too close yet, but yesterday she had a nose to beak encounter and got nipped at. Now she's a little more wary.

This is Chewy.

He used to stalk the chicks and ducklings in the house when he was a kitten; but could never get through the brooder at them.

Nowadays he's all grown up and scared to death when we take him out to see the birds.
I suppose being mugged by 12 inquisitive birds was too much for the soft sod :)

Aww everyones kitties are so cute!

Did you ever manage to get that video, Quackers? :p

As for my kitties, things are going well! They're slowly beginning to feel comfortable approaching her, but the moment she runs towards them for attention they get the heck outta dodge. Baby, steps, I guess...

No! I'm telling you this is one slick bird lol. He doesn't want to have evidence of him being naughty lol.
Good to hear things are going well.

This is Chewy.

He used to stalk the chicks and ducklings in the house when he was a kitten; but could never get through the brooder at them.

Nowadays he's all grown up and scared to death when we take him out to see the birds.
I suppose being mugged by 12 inquisitive birds was too much for the soft sod :)

Lol my 7 week old kittens are starting to stalk Quackers. They think Quackers is a play buddy. They'll chase him around the house & lightly paw at him lol. Lmao as I'm typing this one is crouching down slowly creeping towards Quackers. When Quackers saw he came & laid right by my feet & is nibbling on my toes while the kitten sits & watches lol.

We have 4 barn kitties and more on the way (will be our last litter, everyone gets fixed on the 22nd!) they use our "duck door" as their in/out and the littlest ones cant quite jump to the top of the fence so the ducks "chase" them up there...they do not like them coming through their door when they're in! Fabulous hunters, plenty of mice and moles have been captured!

Aww, what good little working kitties! Kudos on getting them fixed, though. That's so sad about the kittens not being able to escape the ducks, but I can't help but laugh at the mental picture!

Cat food & duck questions:

1) Can they eat to much & cause problems?

2) Do you limit your duck on how much cat food they eat or just let them eat as much as they want?

3) If you limit them, then what's your secret on keeping them out of your kitties food?

Back
Top Bottom