Do you think chickens would like a playhouse?

That has a lot of potential, actually - TY for the picture. I think I'd extend it with a flat roof in the front, then wait for the goats to hog all the space underneath it.

and now I can imagine having to build four or five of those. :he

Maybe I should not have been so quick to thank you.

:lau
I asked for a 45 degree roof to keep chickens off. A shallower angle would be no issue if rooftop hangouts are not a concern. DH cut 1 roof panel in half to do this, so it's just 1 piece from Lowe's. We'll swap it out for solid in a month or so. Light enough for me to carry braced against my thighs.

I do not recommend the rabbit feeders I'm using. Too much scooped oyster shell.

Although this isn't in the league of an actual large 'playhouse' for hens, my hubby created this little "fort" with $1. worth of popsicle sticks from the Dollar Store a few years ago for our new baby chicks when they arrived. It was a "playhouse" for them and they loved it! They spent a lot of time playing in and on it.
Now, we have 3 baby chicks arriving tomorrow, and the little fort is already in the brooder for them!
I think chicks and hens love to 'play' with things!

View attachment 3067885

View attachment 3067889

View attachment 3067891
so adorable! I used my son's LEGO to build them a roosting bar support (for our babies) - thankfully it washed off well when they outgrew it 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom