Do you think this is a Rosecomb pullet?

Hope these are better pictures!
Still tough to see. Sorry to keep making you go back with the camera, but is there any way at all to get one clear, well lit photo of the comb? Like this:

(This is a modified pea comb, BTW. A cross between an EE and a Marans. The cockerel was 10 weeks old. He grew up to have a "noodle" comb that flops over.)

Definitely not game type body or shape.

That isn't a normal rose comb...at least not what I've experienced...nor a pea comb...definitely not a single comb. I think it is more of a modified pea comb?

Others will help here if it is a cushion comb. I've not had one of those yet.

I would say your little black bird is an EE.

Lady of McCamley

I think she is an EE as well. Or has an EE as a parent so got a lot of the traits of one. Maybe she's an Olive Egger. Basically an EE but bred with something that lays dark eggs on purpose. That would explain the comb being not easily discernible.

Cant seem to get any better pictures of her. She does not stand still for too long, and I am just having bad luck getting a decent shot! lol, any way, I do agree with the lot of you who thinks she is an EE or Olive Egger. Ill post pictures of her here as she matures, and of her eggs when she starts laying. Thank you all for your help!

she could be i looked online but not sure - i'll leave it to the experts
smile.png

she could be a Black D'anvers though but not sure like i said i am NOT an expert

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom