Do You Want to Build a Cabinet Incubator

You know what my problem is... I dont have the proper tools. I use a circular saw and my cuts/seams aren't always the tightest they could be. I also use a lot of cheap materials. Perhaps one day I'll actually buy a nice sanded sheet of 3/4 ply and actually own a table saw!

lil'chickies :

One ??? Why do you have primary and secondary switches?

The secondary is there in case the primary fails for some reason. When settinng the temperature the Secondary is set first. I set mine a degree and one half hotter than the Primary will be set, which would be 101 degrees in a forced air incubator. As soon as the temperature is stabilized at 101 with the Secondary, set the Primary at 99.5 degrees. Should the Primary fail the secondary would take over and not allow the eggs to get above 101 degrees which for a short time will have no serious bad effects on the eggs. This unit doesn't have one but I have wired an alarm into the circuit in case of a temperature spike.​

Can you tell us how you made the egg turner? What motor it is? Thank you so much for doing this.
hugs.gif

This is increadibly interesting. I will anxiously be watching for the step by step.

I see my anniversery gift in the making.....

You silly women with your talk of Sam Elliott... "geareduplyn" now there is a man that can turn my head!

big_smile.png

Last edited:
I nice set of plans with Dementions (SP) would be very nice, and greatly appreciated, I would even be wiling to pay for them, as I am sure a lot of other would too.
a project like them is not just a incubator it's an heirloom to be handed down to our kids and grandkids, so many of the old ways are lost now. our Granddaughter has just started to show and interest in our small farm and she really likes our chickens, even expressing a desire to have some of her own someday..this is from a kid that was raised in the Kansas city area and could not really believe where her food comes from.. (besides her mommy going to the store to get it) JMHO

Don
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am retired but I was a carpenter/contractor for over 30 years.. You can make perfect cuts with a circular saw.. It just takes practice, patience and a good straight edge guide.. and keep a good sharp blade in it ...

anthing you have to build for chickens can be done with a circular saw..

Quote:
I am retired but I was a carpenter/contractor for over 30 years.. You can make perfect cuts with a circular saw.. It just takes practice, patience and a good straight edge guide.. and keep a good sharp blade in it ...

anthing you have to build for chickens can be done with a circular saw..

I agree. Invest in a top quality carbide blade, one that will make glue joint quality cuts. I cut down a lot of plywood on job sites for fitting into my barn panels. I use a 9' peice of 1/4" steel flatstock 5" wide for a straight edge. It's heavy, but clamped down I'm guaranteed a straight cut.

Back
Top Bottom