Do your friends help feed your chickens?

setter4

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
I went out to breakfast this morning with 6 friends. When we were done eating one of them asked the waitress for a large to go box. When it came everyone loaded all their leftovers into it for the chickens. It cracked me up. they all love "the girls".
gig.gif

Of course they all get a few eggs now and then too so there may be a method to their madness. lol

Yeah I have one in particular who will being uneaten cobs of corn over to let the girls have at. She makes sure they are unseasoned, no salt or anything on her "treat cobs" Sometimes it drives me batty...I mean, who's she visiting?? me or the chickens?? Hard to tell sometimes, lol.
big_smile.png

Anytime we go out we always bring home the plate scrapings. People often think we are odd but then laugh when we say we have chickens.

I have a friend with 9 kids. She keeps a slop bucket so I can feed my pigs.
smile.png

I actually have friends (3 of them) that buy bags of layer and bring once a month and I provide all the eggs they can eat. Works great for us all.

Yes , we have friends that bring by large bags of day old bread that they go to the bakery and buy for the chickens .

Now , they have started their own chicken yard LOL BUT they still share the bread with our chickens ....

So , in return , our last hatch of baby chicks , we kept them for like 5 weeks and we called our friends over and presented them with ALL the baby chicks ....

Friends for Life ....
thumbsup.gif

yes, we went out last week and the people who we went with gave us their leftovers for the chickens. Two people at work kept them supplied with old veggies and fruit. I gave them eggs in exchange.

Our neighbor did 4-H in the 1950s. He gets such a kick out of our birds that he brought them treats from his garden all summer - corn, zuchini and tomatoes. Beautiful, perfect tomatoes. Too perfect. I am not ashamed to say that I pilfered a couple of tomatoes from the pile from time to time!

You guys have great friends! My friends and family love the idea of my chickens, but haven't given treats thus far.

However, my neighbor does bring them treats though and she chicken sits! She does it in exchange for eggs. Works for me!

Back
Top Bottom