Doctor who fans only

That is very true, but you have to admit, i would be pretty hard not to be attracted to the Doctor
wink.png

Well, I'd ratehr have Ecclecson and, as I see it, instead of doing a rewrite or twisting it to suit the actor, it just gave Moffat more reason to throw the canon out the window. Even though his writing is superb, I've found it repetive. Clara's arc is very reminiscent of Amy's and River's; so I'd rather return to Davies, even if the majority of his episodes focused on aliens. It seems as though the writers, as a whole, can't find a nice medium between time travel or aliens.

Well the Doctors' numbers were never really established in the show, as I recall. As I understand it, they're just a shorthand way to describe which regeneration you're talking about? So inserting a new guy into the Time War and saying the other Doctors shun him isn't really that huge a stretch.

That said, I don't think Steven Moffat is currently running the show well enough to be adding to Doctor Who history like this. The Time War is just too important to ruin through unintentional poor writing.
Of course, I only started watching last August. You all probably know this show better than I do.

thought you guys might like to read this

As rumours and speculation swirl around the identity of the twelfth Doctor, Steven Moffat has been talking about the daunting search for Matt Smith’s replacement.
“Well, it’s always just terrifying… When you’re suddenly faced with the reality that you are going to sit there and you are going to make that decision it does feel absolutely chilling. There’s a very big range of people who could play it and different ways you could go with it. We must get this right. One false move and the show’s over.”
Once cast, however, it appears that fans won’t be left wondering for too long about just who will fly the show into the future. “Unless we have an insane plan,” he told Entertainment Weekly, “we’ll announce a new Doctor within days of finalizing the new Doctor. I think we’ll go public pretty fast.”
Following on, Moffat wouldn’t confirm the gender of the next Doctor - “I’m not going to comment at all on the direction we’re going. Sorry!” – but did say that we’ll see the twelfth Doctor in the “closing moments” of the Christmas special and that Matt Smith will, due to shaving his head for Ryan Gosling movie How To Catch A Monster, have to wear a wig.
“We’re sprinkling fertilizer on his head as we speak… The Doctor will turn up in his trademark quiff. We can’t have Matt’s last stand in the TARDIS without his proper look.”
The show-runner added, in reference to Smith’s decision to leave, that “I’ve known broadly speaking for a very long while because I knew how long, when he first came in, he was broadly speaking intending to do. And obviously, being the man I am, I always tried to persuade him to do longer and to do more and he [stayed] a little bit longer than he intended to. I knew that he would do what most of them do and do his three years.”
“We discussed ages ago that we would do three series and then he would do the 50th and then he’d do Christmas. That was Plan A for a very, very long while. That may sound cold that it was so far in advance but you’ve got to plan a career. The question was, ‘Will I be able to talk him out of it?’ We went out for lunch and he said that he’d come very close to doing another series but it was the same argument: ‘If I do another series, I think I might do two more series, or three more series. I think I might never leave.’ It’s that thing of wanting to leave while you’re a huge hit and not let it tail off.”

Ooh, interesting stuff. :D

I want a female Doctor, but not while Steven Moffat and the current writers are in charge. If these guys attempted it, I think it'd probably end up failing badly and everyone would decide to never try making a female Doctor again.
Once they have a few women writing the show, and someone else running it, I think it might work. And I really want to see it work.

I've been waiting for a bit for this thread to show up! I loved the ninth doctor-he was my doctor. David Tennant is such a good actor though, and I love the emotional depth of the 10th. I'm only just finishing season 4, so haven't seen Smith or anything recent.
As far as the 12th goes, I hope they pick someone older, more serious, but still energetic and with a few quirks.

Back
Top Bottom