Does anyone else have a case of spring fever?

That's not spring fever. That's a 'wishful winter flashback' to a much better time. Beautiful pictures. It was a bitter, biting cold today here in NJ. Weekend is not supposed to be too bad, but next week we are supposed to bottom out.
barnie.gif

That's not spring fever. That's a 'wishful winter flashback' to a much better time. Beautiful pictures. It was a bitter, biting cold today here in NJ. Weekend is not supposed to be too bad, but next week we are supposed to bottom out.
barnie.gif

It was cold and snowy here too. I am ready to call quits to this winter stuff and plant some flowers.

Me! I do! I keep receiving seed and hatchery catalogs in the mail, a sign that spring is just around the corner! It was warm here the past week (by "warm" I mean 50s and 60s) but now it is starting to get cold again and snow is heading our way this weekend. :(

Me! I do! I keep receiving seed and hatchery catalogs in the mail, a sign that spring is just around the corner! It was warm here the past week (by "warm" I mean 50s and 60s) but now it is starting to get cold again and snow is heading our way this weekend.
sad.png

I have been receiving catalogs in the mail too for mail order plants. We have snow on the ground here in East Tennessee and all I can
think about is planting flowers. I am so ready for spring, glad that I am in good company and not alone. Spring is around the corner,
it will be here soon.

Gotta get through January and February before we can even allow our minds to contemplate such a thing.
Next week, third full week of January, promises to punish anyone getting too far ahead in their dreaming for spring.

Gonna be really brutal.

Sat

549662_G.png

• Hi 34°
  • Lo 20°
Windy, PM Snow
Sun

549681_G.png

• Hi 12°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect
Mon

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Tue

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Wed

549681_G.png

• Hi 13°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect​

Last edited:
I live for spring summer and fall, winter not so much. In fact it is a very hard time for me. I just cant stand it. I feel sorry for all my friends and family that put up with my non stop crabbing, about the snow and cold. To get spring fever, I need grass showing , and to be able to start putting around outside with the garden. Thankyou for letting me vent one more time about winter, I am really having a real hard time, and venting helps. The photos were awesome!!

I'm in southern Missouri and, except for a few days we never really had a winter this year. Or last year either, for that matter. It seems like our whole winter has just been a late fall or an early spring, take your pick.

I live for spring summer and fall, winter not so much. In fact it is a very hard time for me. I just cant stand it. I feel sorry for all my friends and family that put up with my non stop crabbing, about the snow and cold. To get spring fever, I need grass showing , and to be able to start putting around outside with the garden. Thankyou for letting me vent one more time about winter, I am really having a real hard time, and venting helps. The photos were awesome!!

Gotta get through January and February before we can even allow our minds to contemplate such a thing.
Next week, third full week of January, promises to punish anyone getting too far ahead in their dreaming for spring.

Gonna be really brutal.

Sat

549662_G.png

• Hi 34°
  • Lo 20°
Windy, PM Snow
Sun

549681_G.png

• Hi 12°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect
Mon

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Tue

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Wed

549681_G.png

• Hi 13°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect

Gonna be really brutal.

Sat

549662_G.png

• Hi 34°
  • Lo 20°
Windy, PM Snow
Sun

549681_G.png

• Hi 12°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect
Mon

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Tue

549681_G.png

• Hi 10°
  • Lo 0°
Lake Effect
Wed

549681_G.png

• Hi 13°
  • Lo 2°
Lake Effect

Ouch! your temps are cold. We very rarley get that cold here. Although we are going to dip into the teens for nighttime
temps which is cold for us here. The pic of the snow is really pretty.

I know me too. I like it as first because I am usually worn out from the previous gardening season. Then after
a few months I am ready to get out and play in the dirt again and plant flowers and garden plants.
Usually it is all that I can muster to get through february. After that our weather starts to perk up here.
One more month to go. I am glad you liked the photos. I keep pics of my gardens out during the winter,
helps to fight off the winter blues. Also keeping house plants that flower works too.

Back
Top Bottom