Does anyone else have a case of spring fever?

I TOTALLY have spring fever! I think my turkeys have it also. We had a couple of nice days here in Michigan (well, the temps were high anyway) and now the Toms are starting to square off! Of course, it's getting close to mating season also. I think they have spring fever also!

My daughter and I have it so bad that we went ahead and set some eggs in the bator. We didn't expect anything because a lot of them had gotten really cold from the weather, only collected once a day. Well, we have 9 developing! I can't wait until spring to fill all my bators!!

Of course, with spring comes all the hard work outside again. I'll take it, I'll take it!!! :) Clean out those coops, get those gardens going, start that lawnmower! :)

I too cannot wait to start playing in the gardens again and doing the spring cleaning in the chicken coop.
I bought some primrose the other day when I was out shopping because I wanted something blooming
around me. I cannot wait to smell the fresh cut grass and see the hummingbirds come back. I have spring fever
so bad and it keeps getting worse as the day goes by. We are 29 degrees here to day with snow coming tomorrow.
I cannot wait till the snow melts and the flowers start poking out of the ground.

That is so funny, your turkeys have spring fever too. You are in good company over there.

I have my tomatoes and peppers started so I can transplant them as soon as we have last frost. I picked up my seed pototoes and will get them in the ground tomorrow. I have all my seeds ready to go and the ground tilled just waiting on the weather. In the mean time I am looking at the different types of chickens to see what I can add to my flock. Spring fever for sure.
yippiechickie.gif

I've been trying to decide what to put in the garden this year. Last year I did way too many beans and ended up not getting a good tomato crop.

I'm almost tempted to let my kids have half the garden so maybe someone else will help me weed it! I swear those weeds get healthier and healthier every year, more so than any of my vegetable plants!

I have my tomatoes and peppers started so I can transplant them as soon as we have last frost. I picked up my seed pototoes and will get them in the ground tomorrow. I have all my seeds ready to go and the ground tilled just waiting on the weather. In the mean time I am looking at the different types of chickens to see what I can add to my flock. Spring fever for sure.
yippiechickie.gif

I have been thinking about getting my seed tray started too. I want to get them planted as soon as the last frost
is over as well. I bought most of my garden plants last year because I had other things going on and could
not give my attention to seedlings. That was very expensive so this year I am going to start my own plants.

Something about playing in potting soil just makes me wish for warmer weather and sunny days. Enough
of winter, I am ready for spring planting.

I've been trying to decide what to put in the garden this year. Last year I did way too many beans and ended up not getting a good tomato crop.

I'm almost tempted to let my kids have half the garden so maybe someone else will help me weed it! I swear those weeds get healthier and healthier every year, more so than any of my vegetable plants!

LOL!! weeds are still going strong in my garden. I left them there over the winter because they keep the soil from eroding due to all the
rain we have had this winter. As soon as I can I want to get out to the gardens and get them tilled and ready for planting.

Seems like we had opposite results in our gardens. I had more tomatoes than I could eat and my bean crop just did not do well at all.
I had an aweful time with the squash but that killed all my yellow squash and cucumbers. Hopefully this year will be better. We will see.

yippiechickie.gif

Yep!! sounds like the classic case of spring fever to me. I had the windows open yesterday because it was so warm here. There was a slight
breeze so my wind chimes where singing, it was so nice. Now today it is in the 30's with flurries in the air. AAHHhhhhh just about driving me
nuts. I want the warm weather there to stay.

I am digging and designing a new flower garden, have the plants ordered, and going to start my veggie garden in seed pots asap.
Spring fever for sure.

The weather here is driving me insane. It can't decide whether it wants to be warm or freezing!
barnie.gif
We're supposed to get freaking SNOW this weekend.

Here too. You are just on the other side of the mountains from me so our weather is pretty much the same. We have snow flurries today. Yesterday
I had the windows open.

Back
Top Bottom