Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Hi! I had a perfect hatch. Hatched 5 out of the 6. The other must have died at around day 7. Then I hatched another 7 out as my broody decided not to sit on the eggs! I've now got 15 eggs (hand turning as I couldn't fit them all in) candeled them yesterday day 4 and they are all developing! I've managed to get the humidity spot on by posting a straw down the hole in the top and dropping warm water in. The last three days when it was lock down I wet a cloth and folded it up quite small and placed it in one corner. Again dripping water in! Kept it perfect.

Okay, I am convinced, I just bought this Janoel 24 on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221300098243 and it comes with a candler! (aka flashlight...act now for your free gift, operators are standing by! ha ha)

I am getting 24 FCBM this weekend from a known local breeder this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for me? This will be my first time using an incubator.

When the chicks start to hatch, do I leave them in there or take them out as they hatch?

Last edited:
Hi KHoward, did you get 24 FCBM? How does it work?
I would like to buy if it works geat!
Please let me know.
Thank you in advance~~~

I have the janoel 48. I have had one successful hatch with about an 80% hatch rate. My second hatch should be in the next couple of days. My only problem with the second hatch is that we lost power for several hours yesterday and I had to transport the eggs to my friends house so I didn't lose them all. My eggs are still in her incubator because I was afraid to move them again being so close to hatch time. Today I started some duck eggs. So far I love this incubator.

I have the janoel 48. I have had one successful hatch with about an 80% hatch rate. My second hatch should be in the next couple of days. My only problem with the second hatch is that we lost power for several hours yesterday and I had to transport the eggs to my friends house so I didn't lose them all. My eggs are still in her incubator because I was afraid to move them again being so close to hatch time. Today I started some duck eggs. So far I love this incubator.
My daughters have bought me a Janoel 24 for my birthday I,m still waiting on delivery it,s coming from Germany and I live in the UK. Should I do a trial run with it and if so for how long

Okay, I am convinced, I just bought this Janoel 24 on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221300098243 and it comes with a candler! (aka flashlight...act now for your free gift, operators are standing by! ha ha)

I am getting 24 FCBM this weekend from a known local breeder this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for me? This will be my first time using an incubator.

When the chicks start to hatch, do I leave them in there or take them out as they hatch?
People usually wait till they have dried out and fluffed up before moving to a brooder because your humidty drops when you open the bator and this can affect the other eggs that have pipped so you have to be quick

I had a batch go out on me and they all lived after no heat for 4 hours!

REALLY IMPORTANT
run your Janoel for 3-4 days with your own hygrometer and thermometer inside. This will help you to adjust the temp and find what is correct. DO NOT TRUST THEIR THERMOMETER! Do not fill all the channels with water. It has been my experience that 1/4 cup of water poured in one channel every 7 days until lockdown is sufficient. At lockdown fill one channel and test humidity! Filling both brought my humidity up to 99% and drowned several of my first hatch. Play with your machine for a few days to understand it. I bought a meat marinade injector that I use to squirt water in if humidity drops through th top holes BUT be careful not to squirt it through the hole by the thermometer probe; hitting it will cause th machine to try and adjust the temp.

I do NOT recommend opening the incubator during hatching. In my experience it leads to one sticky chick after another! You help one and the next is bad. Leave it closed for 3 days from the fist chick hatching, then take them out OR take them out if fully fluffed and there are no pips on remaining eggs.

Good luck! I love y Janoel. You can check out my other thread on "Janoel Incubation Experience" https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/951784/janoel-incubation-experience to see what some of us have done with our real and knock off Janoels.

I had a batch go out on me and they all lived after no heat for 4 hours!

REALLY IMPORTANT
run your Janoel for 3-4 days with your own hygrometer and thermometer inside. This will help you to adjust the temp and find what is correct. DO NOT TRUST THEIR THERMOMETER! Do not fill all the channels with water. It has been my experience that 1/4 cup of water poured in one channel every 7 days until lockdown is sufficient. At lockdown fill one channel and test humidity! Filling both brought my humidity up to 99% and drowned several of my first hatch. Play with your machine for a few days to understand it. I bought a meat marinade injector that I use to squirt water in if humidity drops through th top holes BUT be careful not to squirt it through the hole by the thermometer probe; hitting it will cause th machine to try and adjust the temp.

I do NOT recommend opening the incubator during hatching. In my experience it leads to one sticky chick after another! You help one and the next is bad. Leave it closed for 3 days from the fist chick hatching, then take them out OR take them out if fully fluffed and there are no pips on remaining eggs.

Good luck! I love y Janoel. You can check out my other thread on "Janoel Incubation Experience" https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/951784/janoel-incubation-experience to see what some of us have done with our real and knock off Janoels.
Someone on the thread she said/he said who's wrong had a member on that left her chicks in the bator for 3 days and she lost quite a few of them if not all most people leave them for 24hrs but everyone is different and has different outcomes with their hatch me myself would not leave them in any longer than 24hrs

Back
Top Bottom