Does anyone have a Production Red that's broody?

Badbaby05

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
The reason for this question is I have one of my lady birds that is acting broody. If there are eggs in the nest she's laying on them unless I'm feeding treats to everyone outside then she's scrambling like the rest. If left to herself and eggs in the box I know I can find her there. If no eggs she's not in the box but seems to check it frequently. I'm not sure if she's going broody or whats happening. Also if she's on the nest with eggs and I open the back door (got an back door to collect eggs) she will puff up and do a growly hissing thing til she sees it's me. It seems as tho she is but then again isn't. Never had a broody before
big_smile.png

She's going to be a yr in June.

Last edited:
sounds like it, why not give her a separate nest with a couple eggs. I have 1 who has gone broody the past 2 years and i think may be right now, I have to check and see if shes still sitting today. And another who went for the first time last year. Stranger things have happened
wink.png

Oh now this is exciting
celebrate.gif
I didn't think that this "breed" of bird went broody, but I guess I thought wrong
clap.gif

One of my Red Star sex links went broody last summer. They're not supposed to, but I forgot to tell her.
tongue.png

She wasn't very good at it, she only got one chick out of 8 eggs. My Buff Orp did much better, made a great mama, too.

Back
Top Bottom