Does anyone know what is wrong?

Table3D

Chirping
Jun 23, 2022
One of my buffs has an eye problem. I was looking for help figuring it out. Is that her eye or just a ball of junk in there?

Attachments

• 20220907_191557.jpg
    20220907_191557.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220907_191540.jpg
    20220907_191540.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 2
Is that something like a blister on her eye?
Not sure. She has no other signs of illness. Eats and drinks just fine. I think maybe my young rooster may have been a little to rough with her. I am new to chickens so I did not want to go poking around the eye and really mess things up.

Not sure. She has no other signs of illness. Eats and drinks just fine. I think maybe my young rooster may have been a little to rough with her. I am new to chickens so I did not want to go poking around the eye and really mess things up.
I'm not 100% sure what to do, but I would def rinse that eye with saline, hibiclens, or Vetericyn for eyes

Do you se e evidence of injury?

@azygous
@Wyorp Rock
@Eggcessive

Do not put chlorhexidene in the eye. Saline, eye wash, or Terramycin is fine, and I have used plain Neosporin in a pinch. Use those two or more times a day.
The eye appears injured and she might be blind. I hope not.

Do not put chlorhexidene in the eye. Saline, eye wash, or Terramycin is fine, and I have used plain Neosporin in a pinch. Use those two or more times a day.
The eye appears injured and she might be blind. I hope not.
Will do. Thanks

Photos do not display accurately on every browser. So colors can't be relied upon. Is the film over the eye white or yellow? If it's yellow it's pus. If it's white, it means blindness.

If it's pus, you can remove it with a cotton ball saturated in saline. The pus may be leathery and lift off like a skin. Be careful not to scratch the cornea.

If you can get a pus layer off the eye, the eye will heal better. Use saline and terramycin in the eye twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom