Does Hoover's Hatchery Ship to Canada?

Just in case you decide to look into finding somewhere else in the US to order from, since its soooo freaking hard to find breeds up here, here's what the GoC has to say about imports:

CONDITIONS OF IMPORT​

The animal(s) being presented for importation must have been either resident in the U.S.A. for at least sixty (60) days immediately prior to the date of exportation, or resident since birth or hatching.

The birds or flocks must be certified prior to importation as follows:

Form VS 17-6 must contain the following statements:
1) the birds were inspected by a veterinarian within thirty (30) days preceding the date of importation;
2) to the best of the knowledge and belief of a veterinarian, the poultry and flock of origin are free from communicable disease and have not been exposed to avian pneumoencephalitis (Newcastle Disease), fowl plague, fowl typhoid, pullorum disease and ornithosis; and,
3) a- the poultry were resident in a flock of origin that is found free from pullorum disease and fowl typhoid under the United States Department of Agriculture National Poultry Improvement Plan;
or,
b- 1. serological tests have been conducted on all poultry in the flock of origin over four (4) weeks of age within twelve (12) months preceding importation and those tests proved negative for pullorum disease and fowl typhoid; and,
2. the poultry being imported were resident in the flock of origin that existed at the time of the tests of the flock referred to in the preceding paragraph, or were a natural increase of that flock or additions thereto that originated from a flock serologically negative to a test for pullorum disease and fowl typhoid conducted within twelve (12) months prior to entry to the flock of origin.
4) Poultry covered by this certificate do not originate from flocks nor had contact with any birds or poultry originating in a control zone established by federal animal health authorities due to outbreaks of Newcastle disease or Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).

The terms used in the accompanying export documentation must be consistent with definitions under the Health of Animals Act and Regulations.

"Animal" includes birds, bees, hatching eggs, embryos and fertilized ova / eggs.
"Game bird" means a wild bird kept in captivity and includes pheasants, partridges, peacocks, quail, grouse, guinea fowl, and pea fowl. "Chick" means, in relation to any species, an avian up to 72 hours of age that has not been fed or watered.

The Gov website has been made unbelievably complicated recently, there used to be a very nice simple bulleted list with the requirements for each species, so I just grabbed an excerpt from filling out the form request, but here's the link to the whole thing. You need to pick things that are applicable from the drop down list at the bottom, such as reason for importing and where from and such and it'll give you a prefilled form.

Half filled form (I think I went with poultry for breeding purposes from California to finally drag up something readable)
https://airs-sari.inspection.gc.ca/airs_external/english/decisions-eng.aspx

Where to start the AIRS form
https://www.inspection.gc.ca/animal...imports/airs/eng/1300127512994/1326599273148#

Hope this helps. I've been tempted to try ordering from across the border myself, but it looks like a daunting task. I do remember that eggs, chicks and older chickens required the same vet approval and battery of forms!
Thank you so much for posting all that!
I will try to find somewhere in Canada, but if I can’t this will be very helpful

Thanks!

I purchased chicks from Peavey Mart in Ontario, and my chicks came from Hoovers. This chick program is only available at Ontario locations of Peavey.

Back
Top Bottom