does my rooster have gapeworm? respiratory disease? ear infection? if so how do i treat it?

honestly that doesn't seem to answer anything for me. when i was taking picture of his ears today (the one i linked in google drive) i didn't see no mites but i am gonna check tommorow to see if i can caught one, he didn't give no tips for ear infection but that's alright i am gonna make a reddit post on r/backyardchicken for it seperately, although he say some chickens create more wax than other and my rooster is 2.5 years old so why suddenly he started right now? shouldn't the ear have gathered a lot of wax already months ago before and he should have been started doing that long time ago, maybe his ear didn't effect him earlier because ear did nothing wrong right now and this is due to other issue...? damn.. i should definitely take a note of the chances of him having other 2 disease is high.

It's not gapeworm nor a respiratory disease. I suspect it is due to an inner ear infection affecting your rooster. It's commonly called Ear Canker but can be any one of the following types of infections, please read the different causes in the link below:
https://www.chickenwhisperermagazine.com/health-and-wellness/ear-canker

i am gonna start with just soaking his ear and cleaning then pouring a ear medicine that i have for myself and see if that works. if not i am gonna use the stuff he provided, although i still don't have any idea to know which one is the cause for my rooster.

It's not gapeworm nor a respiratory disease. I suspect it is due to an inner ear infection affecting your rooster. It's commonly called Ear Canker but can be any one of the following types of infections, please read the different causes in the link below:
i have only given him entamizole which is a anti diarrea syrup which has worked for me
multiple times in the past but alright, i am gonna read that.
Looking up Entamizole it's Diloxanide/Metronidazole combo.
I agree with @dawg53 on his suspicion that it's likely Ear Canker. Treatment could include using Metronidazole, so I think you are probably on the right track.
The ear would need to be cleaned out.

I agree with @dawg53 on his suspicion that it's likely Ear Canker. Treatment could include using Metronidazole, so I think you are probably on the right track.
nevermind, the syrup has those too it's seems. sorry.

It sounds like that they could have Infectious Bronchitis (IB), Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG) or (also known as Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD)) or Infectious Coryza.
Instead of random antibiotics, you could try Moro's carrot soup to restore a healthy gut:

https://www.ency123.com/2015/09/natural-remedy-for-diarrhea-professor.html

As chickens' kidneys are sensitive to salt, it is important to use only 1,5 g instead of the mentioned 3 g.
hey i have cleared his ears, i unblocked his blocked ear and it had a lot of wax in it, it took a while to clean, since then i been pouring lidosporin in his ear but so far nothing really has happend, it seems hes yawning a lot less compare to before but hes still yawning a lot, like 2/3 times per 3/4 minutes, little bit of headshake too. what i wanna know is, hes 2.5 years old and i cleared his ear just now, if he have a ear infection, why didn't he got it earlier? doesn't wax stored in his ear from months and i just cleaned it now? i feel the wax isn't related to the why hes yawning because hes ears seems ok except that it has yellow wax which is normal and i don't think related to ear infection, i wanna know if he have gapeworm/respiratory disease or other similar disease how can i know it? i am not seeing anything in his mouth. i wanna find out if he has a disease, if he has other diseases, how much time do i have before he dies? he seems active right now and i been noticing it from like 8/9 days now and nothing i suspect except hes yawning alot daily and occasionaly headshake. i saw some people asking on backyard chicken reddit why their rooster is yawning a lot and they said it's nothing it just adjusting it's crop, so is rooster yawning this much normal for situation like i have a hot house and the temperature of the weather is also hot, will he stop yawning when winter comes?? is there a possibility nothing is wrong with him?? i need answers before something big happends, although nothing much has happend, i am suspecting more than ear infection and wanna have precautions.

read my reply to the other 3 guys.

You can use a q-tip and swab the back of his throat to see if there are Gapeworms. Gapeworms are red in color and are shaped similar to a “Y”. That would rule out the Gapeworms. As for respiratory infection, you’d have to get testing done to look specifically for MG, Infectious Coryza, IB, ILT, etc.

H
You can use a q-tip and swab the back of his throat to see if there are Gapeworms. Gapeworms are red in color and are shaped similar to a “Y”. That would rule out the Gapeworms. As for respiratory infection, you’d have to get testing done to look specifically for MG, Infectious Coryza, IB, ILT, etc.
How long does it takes for any of the respiratory disease or gapeworm to kill the chicken? Does it effects the chicken rapidly fast like 1 - 2 weeks? Or 1 - 2 months?

Back
Top Bottom