Does this chick look okay?

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
She’s about 6 weeks old, Buff Orpington, pretty sure she was the runt, ppl said failure to thrive but i don’t think so. Feathers are starting to grow in fairly quickly and idk if it’s her feathers or if there’s something wrong with her. Head is kind of tucked also. But eating and drinking

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2814.jpeg
    IMG_2814.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 12
Usually when they have their heads tucked in and feathers ruffled it means that they aren't feeling well. I would try giving him some scrambled eggs or raw egg yolk and your could give him some electrolyte water. How does his poop look?

Usually when they have their heads tucked in and feathers ruffled it means that they aren't feeling well. I would try giving him some scrambled eggs or raw egg yolk and your could give him some electrolyte water. How does his poop look?
Poop is fine. I can’t really tell if feathers are ruffled or if it’s just because they’re growing in

The chick looks like it doesn't feel well. Since it's feathered, monitor your temperature since I see you’re using the red brooder bulb meant for outdoors. Do not over heat your chicks.
It doesn’t seem like it in the photo but they’re not even directly underneath the lamp, it was 75° with the lamp, i turned it off and it’s a steady 70° right now.

Back
Top Bottom