Dog Attack

PetraM

Chirping
9 Years
May 14, 2013
My dog attacked my young Hen 2 days ago. Feathers are hanging off from top of chin all the way down. Is eating and drinking, but not sure if it is staying in her. Tried to attach feathers but unable. They keep coming loose. I am new at this and do not know what to do. Will try again to secure her feathers to her body. I sprayed anti-bacterial spray on her. Just not sure what to do. Any advice? MY father in law thought that some of her intestines were coming out. She seems peppy at times. I just don't know if she is getting worse. HELP

keep her isolated and calm. if she is still alive after two days, you probably have a decent chance. are there any signs of infection near the wound? with the feathers coming off, is the skin with them or just the feathers? if it is just the feathers, you should probably just remove any loose ones, as they might make infections more likely. can you post pictures of her? while i have now pretty much exhausted my knowledge, pics might help others give better advice.

Thank for the response, but she has passed away. I'm new at chicken farming and I tried my best. At least she is not suffering and in a better place.

Back
Top Bottom