Dogs got into my duck pen

I have been cleaning their wounds, and I am a little concerned about the fact on each of them they only will move one leg, its like the other one they cant move at all, is there anything I can do to help them with that? also ive been feeding them peas along with some regular food but im tempted to get them some more niacin from nutritional yeast, thoughts?

they have been staying inside because I think its a bit too cold out for them to be safe, not sure when I want to move them back outside but they should be able to join the other flock I have

they both look a little better and the gray ones wounds are scabbing over and she has regained a lot of energy, she is a sweet girl while the other one is fiesty lol! waddles is the black one and bubbles is the gray one

I have been cleaning their wounds, and I am a little concerned about the fact on each of them they only will move one leg, its like the other one they cant move at all, is there anything I can do to help them with that? also ive been feeding them peas along with some regular food but im tempted to get them some more niacin from nutritional yeast, thoughts?

they have been staying inside because I think its a bit too cold out for them to be safe, not sure when I want to move them back outside but they should be able to join the other flock I have

they both look a little better and the gray ones wounds are scabbing over and she has regained a lot of energy, she is a sweet girl while the other one is fiesty lol! waddles is the black one and bubbles is the gray one
Hi Cheems,
It entirely depends on the cause...
a. Did you see any wounds by their legs?
b. Do the legs feel like they are in one piece?
c. Do they move their legs when you touch the foot?
d. can they move their toes?

When the answers no, yes, yes, yes, it could be that they have sprained their legs.. Thos things take time. If they don't move them at all, possible causes are multi.

Would it be possible to upload a video where we can see how the ducks move (or not move) their legs? And how they hold their leg while resting/standing (if they do so)?

it could def be sprains from trying to get away from the dogs. With scabs I am not sure they should be placed in warm water but I was thinking if you could make a nice warm bath from them just to see how they move their legs while floating?It might tell you if more than sprains are going on.
What do you think @Stipenvlerk ?

it could def be sprains from trying to get away from the dogs. With scabs I am not sure they should be placed in warm water but I was thinking if you could make a nice warm bath from them just to see how they move their legs while floating?It might tell you if more than sprains are going on.
What do you think @Stipenvlerk ?
Great Idea of @Miss Lydia ! Would be nice to see how they swim as well.. Don't make the water too warm (I made that mistake in the past and degreased my duck :eek: ... Stupid me.... He had to stay out of the pool for a short while... I never go past luke warm now...

Hi Cheems,
It entirely depends on the cause...
a. Did you see any wounds by their legs?
b. Do the legs feel like they are in one piece?
c. Do they move their legs when you touch the foot?
d. can they move their toes?

When the answers no, yes, yes, yes, it could be that they have sprained their legs.. Thos things take time. If they don't move them at all, possible causes are multi.

Would it be possible to upload a video where we can see how the ducks move (or not move) their legs? And how they hold their leg while resting/standing (if they do so)?
No, yes, no? maybe so? Their legs feel completely fine but for some reason they aren’t moving them, when I get back home I’m going to take a video of them and give them a bath and treat their wounds even further

I already gave them a bath but it was a little warm lol, I can tell they could use another one though, they also don’t move around a whole lot so I’ve been adjusting them so they are comfortable, are blood clots a worry?

I also forgot to say but since the incident they both laid their egg so I’m very glad they aren’t eggbound

No, yes, no? maybe so? Their legs feel completely fine but for some reason they aren’t moving them, when I get back home I’m going to take a video of them and give them a bath and treat their wounds even further

I already gave them a bath but it was a little warm lol, I can tell they could use another one though, they also don’t move around a whole lot so I’ve been adjusting them so they are comfortable, are blood clots a worry?

I also forgot to say but since the incident they both laid their egg so I’m very glad they aren’t eggbound
Looking forward to your video! have a good day at work/school!

Back
Top Bottom