Don't be Afraid to Sell your Chicks in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

TenTimes

Chirping
Jun 10, 2023
I think many people in Texas are under the assumption that without registering with TAHC or NPIP, a person is only allowed to sell their live chicks and chickens from their residence (home, farm, ranch, etc.).

The Texas Administrative Code: Title 4, Part 2, Chapter 54... link here Domestic and Exotic Fowl Registration begs to differ.

When you have time, read through the rules of the code.

Read the definitions for 54.1... (3) "Distributor", (14) "Seller", (15) "Transporter".

Hints: (3) "Distributor".... -key word is "live"- "live domestic or exotic fowl"

(14) "Seller" no key words on this one, just a regular definition of the word "seller"

(15) "Transporter".... -key words "..,for hire,.."

Then move on to Rule 54.2 which is where the definition of, (14) "Seller", comes into play. Look for the words "premise of origin".

Read through it.

Do you see it?

Do you see how?

Do people really want to give their name, address, and phone # just to buy chickens?

I'll answer my last question for you... No, people do not want their chickens to be registered and tracked. Can no one figure this out? Or are you all afraid? Perhaps you just don't care? I'm standing up. They'll knock me down if you don't stand up with me.

It's time to look at Jim McReynolds and the 2003 Legislative Session: 78(R) link here... 78(R)

Compare the dates, that it was filed and then signed, with the dates of news articles from google or duckduckgo about exotic newcastle disease and when it was discovered in Texas and when the quarantine was lifted. Read the articles. Take notes of the dates.

Then look at stock prices of chicken companies like Tyson from 1990 to 2004.

Keep in mind the "homesteading chicken raising" movement became very popular in 2000.

Can you see?

If we are on a list they know what we have. If you don’t want sick chickens then don’t buy anywhere. There is always a risk at getting sick birds no matter where they are from. If you don’t want to trust local ppl then shop TSC or other hatcheries. I for one think it should be optional. 🤷‍♀️ not mandatory.

Last edited:
If it’s someone local who wants to sell a few birds I don’t think they should have to register. But of course if it’s someone who is of large scale leaning closer to register. All I’m saying is it should be optional and people should be able to chose to register or not. And buyers can choose to buy from register or not. I just think it should be optional not mandatory. My best birds came from a farmer from Craigslist the Hatchery I used birds I had to nurse one back to health. I just think people should have a choice 🤷‍♀️

Thank God I live in Argentina. We have laws and bureaucracy, so that folks have something to ignore, without the flak that comes from doing so with your mother in law..
watching arrested development GIF

What's your point?
I wouldn't trust a breeder that went out of their way to skirt around procedure or wasn't npip.
No trust for non-npip...yet, you spend your time on "backyardchickens". It seems their plan to instill fear of the backyard flocks worked. Not on me though. I will gladly visit a backyard flock owner. If something doesn't seem right or seems unsanitary, I can easily walk away, but I'm not going to mistrust a non-npip flock just because someone tells me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom