Don't know if she's got ingrown feathers or is it a cyst?

Whoa.... @LBCHICKENS64
People are only trying to help. We know what it is to be freaked out a bit when one of our babies are hurting. We understand truly. No one here was trying to make you feel bad. It’s emotional but understand you cannot tell someone’s tone of voice when they type right? It’s hard to not be upset we get it. But people were only trying to help.

Whoa.... @LBCHICKENS64
People are only trying to help. We know what it is to be freaked out a bit when one of our babies are hurting. We understand truly. No one here was trying to make you feel bad. It’s emotional but understand you cannot tell someone’s tone of voice when they type right? It’s hard to not be upset we get it. But people were only trying to help.
Really.... Are you
Whoa.... @LBCHICKENS64
I'm not freaking out. You all keep assuming things.... It's the words you and others are using. Assuming I'm not doing right by my chicken. I've come here in the past and got great responses. I wouldn't say that's the case today.

:hugs Sorry you feel that way but we are just trying to understand your problem. We ask for information, we are not there to see for ourselves. We are NOT assuming anything, just guessing at the possibilities, hence thinking out loud which helps others that are also trying to figure out your problem. Alot of times the OP don't inform ALL the info needed to access the problem, so we ASK. Unfortunately as it's been said, typing/reading does not allow us to hear the concern in our questioning.

Hope you figure out what your girl's problem is but as suggested, we need pictures of the wound, clipping the feathers would help. Since you accessed it's an ingrown feather, glad you've solved your problem. :hugs

She seems fine...eating, drinking, digging..... Just bloody yesterday and now again today. Looks Like she is pullipulg fethers out. her environment is safe and she is by herself. She molted before Christmas.
@LBCHICKENS64 When you rinse/cleanse the cyst/wound/sore bloody area again, can you clip some of the feathers away and spread the feathers and take more photos so we can see what you are asking about.
It's very hard to tell anything from your photo except that your Chicken Queen has a bloody spot.

Everyone that is participating on your thread is trying to help you. The only way to get more information is to ask.
I see that you mentioned you have a vet appointment tomorrow, seeking vet care is always best. If you don't mind, please give us an update and let us know what you find out.

Back
Top Bottom