Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Hello I'm looking for some help sexing an 11 week old dark brahma aka my "bald eagle". It had the penciling in the feathers throughout when younger. Now the darker feathers on the wings have the green sheen not sure if they can be seen in the photo. Any help is great. Thx!

Attachments

• IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    512.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4388.JPG
    IMG_4388.JPG
    557.9 KB · Views: 8
These are my chicks, I believe they are 1-2 months old. We bought them from RKO, and they were all supposed to be barred rock. From the looks of it we only got one barred rock, but we are thinking that she is actually a he because it's starting to become more aggressive.
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
I'
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG
IMG_4687.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG
Don't know the breed or gender of your chicks? Post here! I can help!

These are my chicks, I believe they are 1-2 months old. We bought them from RKO, and they were all supposed to be barred rock. From the looks of it we only got one barred rock, but we are thinking that she is actually a he because it's starting to become more aggressive. View attachment 1081719 View attachment 1081720 View attachment 1081721 View attachment 1081722 View attachment 1081719 View attachment 1081720 I'View attachment 1081719 View attachment 1081720 View attachment 1081721 View attachment 1081722 View attachment 1081722

They look like my silver laced Wyandotte... she is about the same age.

View attachment 1081180 View attachment 1081181 I bought these amberlinks last week and was told they were about 6 months old. They are what I would consider a bit small for 6 months but the guy said he doesn't feed to bulk them up. (I didn't say anything about them looking small for their age, he brought it up.) Then my husband was reading a comment somewhere on the forum about amberlink hens supposed to have darker spots/coloring on them, like the 2 here do. Younger amberlinks are pure white. When do the spots start showing up? The guy had told me to feed them layer pellets and they would start laying, that he didn't want eggs so was not feeding them that. (Yes, I feel a bit stupid now for believing that line, since I read that many people wait until the hens start laying eggs to feed them layer feed.) That is a 3-1/2 gallon waterer they are around, and that is a regular brick by the feeder for size comparison purposes. With Amberlinks at what point do they have their "adult" coloring? Do these look like they are about 6 months old? (I don't see him in this pic but there is a rooster among them. He is colored the same as they are.)
Coloring of hybrids is generally more variable than "pure bred" so I think it's likely they are all Amberlinks. I'd guess their age to be more like 3-4 months but maybe they're delayed from a sub-par diet.

Hello I'm looking for some help sexing an 11 week old dark brahma aka my "bald eagle". It had the penciling in the feathers throughout when younger. Now the darker feathers on the wings have the green sheen not sure if they can be seen in the photo. Any help is great. Thx!
Interesting. I haven't seen a dark Brahma, male or female, with juvenile patterning like that. Where did you get it?

Back
Top Bottom