Dorking Thread!!!!!!!!

Sadly, they are in need of some MAJOR support.

ARE YOU THE MAN TO HELP
smile.png

I'm going to the Ohio National to see how many Dorkings actually make an appearance at the show this year.

I read quite a bit, on here, books, and other places, but don't really post that much.

It seems like Dorking breeders are a quiet bunch. Eventually that needs to turn around so that the birds can come out into the spotlight more often.

Punky,

I am also interested in SG Dorkings, and finding private breeders online has been almost impossible.

I have found a number of hatcheries that sell SG Dorkings.
Nature's Hatchery
Ideal Hatchery
McMurray
Sandhill Preserve

I still have over a year to wait before I can start this project but have started the planning phase.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
EMAW!
I really would rather getting them from a breeder because #1 they are better quality and#2 I could show them ASAP.
hatcheries are very bad compared to the standard.
tell me if you get any and GOOD LUCK!
punky

Not that silver grays are bad, they're very pretty.

But other colors are in serious need of preservation, and if you are able to find a good one, YOU ARE VERY LUCKY!

Oh, just to let you know:

If you are really serious about dorkings, I encourage you to make contact with the president or secretary of the Dorking Breeders Club - or maybe even join. It's only $10/year and has great info. Email: [email protected]

Another place to get information is the Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities. $15/yr. They have breeder directories as well.

Hope this helps!

If you're referring to the color of thier stock, you need to talk to them. From what I gather I think whites are so rare that fertility is an issue in the US as there is not enough breeding stock. I don't have whites, so you need to contact them if you are interested in showing or breeding. They are interested in conservation though, so don't give up. Some colors of dorkings are in more danger in the US than others.

You may want to talk to them. I think the form of the bird comes before color, and if it is not fertile then you're stuck. But this is not my full time profession- they are doing this full time as I understand, and are trying to conserve the whites. Much depends on how serious you are about the birds.

Back
Top Bottom