Dosage for corid 9.6% oral solution

Did the warm bath. she drank water while holding and massaging her. I felt inside her vent and there was nothing but a fluid came out that looked like pale yellow paint. Anything else I should know or try?

I hope your hen will be ok. Keep us updated!!!
hit.gif

She died this morning. I wish I knew what the cause was. There was more pale yellow fluid, no worms, on the floor where she died. All the other chickens appear to be in good health so I think whatever it was, it seems to only have affected her.

Thank you. It is really helpful to find others who understand how attached one can be to chickens and who share their experience and knowledge.

DAWG53,

I know this thread is very old but can you (or someone) confirm the dosage before I start the treatment for coccidiosis.

2 tsp. of Corid 9.6% liquid solution per gallon of water. Give this for 5 days as ONLY source of water for all chickens getting treated. After 5 days, then give probiotics and vitamins for 3 days; After that, then give Sulfadimethoxine powder at 1/2 tsp per gallon of water for another 3 days.

QUESTION: Is there a withdrawal period with Corid for laying hens? Also, I'm not sure what Sulfadimethoxine powder is. Is it readily available at feed stores or is there another common name for it?

Thank you in advance,
Jennie

DAWG53,

I know this thread is very old but can you (or someone) confirm the dosage before I start the treatment for coccidiosis.

2 tsp. of Corid 9.6% liquid solution per gallon of water. Give this for 5 days as ONLY source of water for all chickens getting treated. After 5 days, then give probiotics and vitamins for 3 days; After that, then give Sulfadimethoxine powder at 1/2 tsp per gallon of water for another 3 days.

QUESTION: Is there a withdrawal period with Corid for laying hens? Also, I'm not sure what Sulfadimethoxine powder is. Is it readily available at feed stores or is there another common name for it?

Thank you in advance,
Jennie
Your corid dosage and treatment times are correct. It's not necessary to treat them with sulfadimethoxine if the corid successfully treats your birds. You should see improvement within 2-3 days with the corid (make a fresh batch daily.) No withdrawal period after using corid.
FYI: The sulfadimethoxine dosage and times are also correct. Albon is another name for sulfadimethoxine. There's a 5 day withdrawal period after using it.

Last edited:
DAWG5
Thank you for your quick reply. I am new to this forum but I see your name pop up all the time when I am researching questions I have. Glad to see you are still on the air!
Do you know what the withdrawal period is on Corid for laying hens?
Thanks again,
Jennie

Back
Top Bottom