DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

Quote:
what? what? a third???
ep.gif
I'ms really confused! how did this happen????
hu.gif
ep.gif

Since Rebecca's offline right now - thought I'd help you out:

She had two sets of twins hatch. The one from the first video with the twins both getting out alive. And the second egg in which only one got out alive. She said it was sort of like a triplet since the two double yolk eggs came from the same mama - hence the name "triplet".

ohhh. But where did she mention that there were triplets?? I was just reading through all the posts and suddenly and randomly, someone said, "
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
one for each chick!" where did that come from???

Ok watched the video last night with my Severe Macaw on my shoulder, she was riveted to the screen and after every Peep, she would say "What???" Its her favorite word
lol.png
, I am afraid now that when I get my eggs and start hatching my Severe will mother them to death.....
lau.gif

She allready protects the grandkids when the visit...
lau.gif

She hisses at people who talk to the grandkids.... including me
lau.gif

needmorechickens! :

I submitted that to the Jackson Sun this morning and was waiting for it to be approved...you found out before I did!
lau.gif

About the babies, one of them does appear to have a rose comb like her daddy.

gig.gif
About the tweezers (instead of a knife) ...I have a blunt set that I use all the time for hatching and I couldn't find them anywhere!!! I still have not found them. Guess I better get me some new ones!
hu.gif

And the other double yolker was laid by the same hen, so they all have the same mom and dad! As was said by someone else earlier...it's kinda like triplets!

~Rebecca

I think the term "triplet" came from this post.

Again, not a real triplet just calling it that.​

ohh OK thanks for clearing that up.
wink.png

AND CONGRATS ON THE "TRIPLETS", REBBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

lol enjoy them!
wink.png

Last edited:
Rebbecca First I want to say CONGRATS! Secondly I want to say THANK YOU! It was a wonderful learning experience for me as I have never seen a chick hatch let alone two of them. You did a wonderful job!

Oh My I read this on Tuesday before I left and just came home to find you have your BABIES...watched the vid and have to say congratulations on a midwives job well done LOL
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I havent read all the posts I hope they are still doing well

Back
Top Bottom