DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

First of all...
welcome-byc.gif

As for the egg sitch' it would be too much work then worth, it is VERY unlikely that you can hatch 2 healthy chicks form double yolkers, this member was very lucky...
When my ducks lay double yolkers I don't even check if they are fertile, and I know it's not fair for the possibility of healthy chick(s) but the chance of everything going fine is far too low.

Did your brothers friend hatch any from the double yolkers? 2 chicks or 1? I guess if his hen is laying healthy double yolkers that hatch often then he must have a good hen, the chance would far better of everything going OK, but for normal hens a double yolker is un-ordinary let alone hatching something or somethings from them...

Just out of curiosity, would you hatch them in an incubator or under a broody hen?

I am assuming that he is hatching them, I have yet to see them, so IDK, just that he will replace any egg that is not a double yolker.

At the moment I have enuf problems with normal eggs and incubation, I myself would not try a double yolk egg (at this point), and I have not got a single double yolker

Congrats on the hatch how are they doing???? PICS!!!!

That is an amazing birth video!  Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with it, and good luck!
/img/smilies/smile.png

Too bad for all the odd commentary stuff by some BYCers- I hope you  are not discouraged.  Sharing info and being gracious are a great combo.  Thanks again.
I'm just reading this now lol. And I want to reiterate that I think it's ridiculous that so many people on you tube were so negative and rude about your helping the babies out of their shell. In my newbie opinion, each chicken human mommy/daddy ought to be able to choose to help if that is their choice. Whether it's good or bad to assist a hatch, there is evidence supporting both ways of thinking and it should depend on the situation. I'm sorry for the foul language and nasty remarks you had to read. It's just a testament to people's ignorance. I'm so glad it turned out so well!!

I'm just reading this now lol. And I want to reiterate that I think it's ridiculous that so many people on you tube were so negative and rude about your helping the babies out of their shell. In my newbie opinion, each chicken human mommy/daddy ought to be able to choose to help if that is their choice. Whether it's good or bad to assist a hatch, there is evidence supporting both ways of thinking and it should depend on the situation. I'm sorry for the foul language and nasty remarks you had to read. It's just a testament to people's ignorance. I'm so glad it turned out so well!!

X2!!

I watched your video a dozen times before reading this forum and reading your story and seeing a picture of the twins I recognized it was you right away! I have twin Pekin ducks who are 11 days into incubation and I'm beyond terrified to loose them. They seem to be developing well and seem to be the same size. You can see them kicking each other. This is my first time incubating and I am new to BYC. Has anyone had any luck with twin ducks? From what I have read it looks like the odds are against them. =(

Back
Top Bottom