Drake has trouble breathing after eating and drinking

Wow, you sound like a really awesome duck owner! He's so lucky to have someone like you to look out for him and get him the things he needs. :) I truly hope it ends up being something the vet can treat and get him healthy again real soon. Sounds like they have no idea what it is right now though, but hopefully after getting some test results they can figure it out? Keep us updated on him, ok? I'm rooting for you guys!

Ok I will keep you guys updated! Thank you so much for your help and support!
highfive.gif

So the test for parasites came back negative but we are still giving him the nebulizer and his medication that kills any bacterial infection. He still breaths funny but seems to be doing a little better.

After reading that article im wondering if Daffy has the same issues. Espesially after reading the part about the duck having walking issues. I may just ask the vet if we could give daffy the medication without doing the test because I am afraid to put him under in the condition he is in

Went to the vet AGAIN and now he is on the fungal medication as well. He now has nebulizer 4 times a day, fungal medication 2 times a day, bacterial medication 2 times a day, electrolyte and probiotic water and supplements i mixed in his food. Im just wondering If the vet put him on too many meds at once?

I am not a vet - it may be that the duck does need all those medications - if it's aspergillosis, the fungal disease I have read about, that may be standard treatment.

I have heard of Majestic Waterfowl's drake, Laddy, had aspergillosis, and he needed some serious medication for a while. He recovered, too.

ok good. Im continuing the treatment for 60 days! lol guess I'm not going on any trips soon! Im just glad he seems to be doing a little better with the breathing lately.

Sadly yesterday he passed away..
hit.gif
. I felt like he was getting better and one moment he was fine and the next he couldn't even keep his head up. I just sat with him in a blanket for 30 minutes until he passed. He died peacefully and was not stressed or afraid. Thank you guys so much for you help and advice. Without it i don't think he would have lived as long as he did.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom