Dreadlocks

Quote:

lol.png
That's just silly. I guarantee you that my hair is clean, there are absolutely NO critters living in them and at the moment it smells like a combination of lavender, tea tree oil and roses. There are times when a spider will hitchhike a ride on my head, but I suspect that it happens to those with more mainstream hairstyles as well
wink.png

When I see dreadlocks, they look greasy to me. And then I think of all the airborne dust, dirt and odors that stick to grease. Perhaps the people I see have different standards of dreadlock maintenance than others...

Actually, I have found that if your hair is greasy at all (be it from not washing enough or from conditioner/other hair products) it won't dread very well. Your hair has to be somewhat dry. I have seen many people with greasy hair, but very few with greasy dreadlocks. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I haven't seen any.

People with all hairstyles have different ideas on care, so yes I am sure that there are people with dreads that have different ideas on proper care. This was kinda my point, it's best not to judge an entire group of people based on the bad habits of a few.

I am sure back in the 60's my in laws heard "Take a bath you dirty hippy!" within hours of actually taking a bath.
lau.gif

big_smile.png

Quote:
Nope. It was"cut your hair you dirty hippy"!
lau.gif

When I was in High School they actually had a dress code with max. hair length for boy of not touching the collar.
We had a "sit-in" in the student lounge til they relented on the hair thing. But we still had to tuck our shirt tails in.

Last edited:
I suppose if that is what you want to do with your hair......GO FOR IT.......if you don't like it...how hard is it to get them out?

Sorry, just read how to get them out...still if thats what you want, do it. Not my choice,...but who am I!

Last edited:
Actually, a healthy scalp and hair WILL have natural 'grease' or oils. Most commercial hair products are actually more harmful to hair, than helpful.
To keep my hair healthy, shiny, and lush, each time after I shower I spread a little jojoba oil on my hands, rub together and stroke over my hair. Then when my hair is dry you can't see any evidence of oil, just a nice shine and smooth clean hair.

Back
Top Bottom