Droopy winged peachic

She weighs 832 g. She was getting a drink of water when I went in to her.
That's good that she's drinking.

To calculate dose:

.832 kg x 50mg ÷ 100 (number of mg per 1ml) = 0.416 (okay to round up). If she were mine I would probably round up to 0.45ml.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I don't want to scare you, but worming alone is rarely enough to make a sick peachick feel better... they almost always have something else going on.
sad.png
Treating quickly and aggressively is how I manage mine. A trip to the vet would be best.

-Kathy

What awesome instructions! WITH PHOTOS what a help. I'm going to get her to a vet first thing in the morning. Thanks for your help.
Good luck at the vet! Make sure you talk to them about cecal worms, capillary worms, coccidiosis, blackhead (histomonisis), the E. coli that usually goes with it and enteritis. If they say she needs fluids, ask them to show you how to do it, also ask them to show you how to tube feed.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Sadly she died during that night. I've since taken one of her nest-mates to the vet. She had nematodes (he treated with Stronid T) and likely a bacterial infection so he put her on Baytril inj. twice daily. We started this treatment regimen yesterday morning, but she seems really no better today. She is however eating and drinking so maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon.

Back
Top Bottom