Drug test for welfare recipients

In Oregon we have DUII driving under the influence of intoxicants which can be any intoxicant. It used to be DWI driving while intoxicated but I think it has since been replaced by DUII to cover a broad range of intoxicants. I do know that if you have restrictions on your license like wearing glasses and you get pulled over they can cite you for driving while impaired.

You can have no alcohol and be charged by the officer's discretion. They usully will get you on film though when doing these type of saturation patrols.

When an officer sees you leave a bar that will be used against you and they will interview the bartender to see how many drinks you had.

And no cupman I have never had a DUII.

Ability impairment can be assessed via behavioral and cognitive tests -- the same sort of tests that police use now when they suspect someone is driving under the influence of alcohol. The breath-test measures how much alcohol is in a person's system, but impairment is judged by functioning. If someone fails these impairment tests, biochemical analysis can determine if the assessed impairment is due to a specific substance. But, from what I can remember, "driving while ability-impaired" (DWAI) is an offense that does not require the person to have a measured amount of a substance in their body that leads to the impairment. I think a person can get a DWAI from sleep deprivation if that is causing their driving abilities to be reduced, but I'm not sure.

During the Depression when there was real poverty and hunger and 70% real unemployment people went to soup kitchens for food it was not mailed to them in the form of a check.

Since then all wefare has really done is make people dependant on it and created a good job for those that administer the program.

When the worlds population exceeds the ability to produce food starvation will kill more people than war, pestilence and hunger ever did.

During the depression the rich were never denied high dollar food. Bluechips were needed for steak but tongue was available without bluechips.

My mother was on welfare in the late 60's she did all she could as a single mother to get off welfare but with 4 kids and no husband it was tough. She did manage to do it when she got a job at the hospital for 1.15hr and low income housing. She got completely off welfare when my brother and I moved in with my father in 1976. My father's mother provided daycare for us while she worked.

I am a neonatal nurse at a hospital that is the worst # of drug addicted babies in this state. 7 years ago when I started here there were maybe 2 addicted babies per 6 admissions. Now it's 7 out of 10 babies!!! Of course the state pays for their month long stay, and if the moms get into the state-run PAR program, (methadone clinic) they will be able to keep their babies mostly. They don't work because they have children, and their drugs are free, esp if they take oxy, roxy, for their CHRONIC BACK PAIN, and free methadone, free living, free everything so they can continue their lives as usual, paid for by the tax payer, THEN come back with another pregnancy, and we get parent/s who are repeat customers.

I used to love my job, now I'm not so sure anymore.

Oh how dare you stereotype those women, those back pains are a woman's health issue between her and her doctor, you must be a man, I better check... Oh wait ... nevermind I thought that horrible mean Chickened posted this... I am just having fun forgive me.
lau.gif

I am a neonatal nurse at a hospital that is the worst # of drug addicted babies in this state. 7 years ago when I started here there were maybe 2 addicted babies per 6 admissions. Now it's 7 out of 10 babies!!! Of course the state pays for their month long stay, and if the moms get into the state-run PAR program, (methadone clinic) they will be able to keep their babies mostly. They don't work because they have children, and their drugs are free, esp if they take oxy, roxy, for their CHRONIC BACK PAIN, and free methadone, free living, free everything so they can continue their lives as usual, paid for by the tax payer, THEN come back with another pregnancy, and we get parent/s who are repeat customers.

I used to love my job, now I'm not so sure anymore.

Both. It tells how the government should work an what power each branch has. Then the amendments add powers an restrict others. The amendment #10 says this "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Can you tell me where in the Constitution it lists welfare ?

Oh how dare you stereotype those women, those back pains are a woman's health issue between her and her doctor, you must be a man, I better check... Oh wait ... nevermind I thought that horrible mean Chickened posted this... I am just having fun forgive me.
lau.gif

Quote:
YOU really had me going there!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom