Dry hatching shipped eggs in the nurture right 360.

bgill1215

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
I'm trying something new this time around so thought I'd start a new thread to document how everything goes. I'm incubating silkie eggs that traveled 1,070 miles from Florida to Pennsylvania. In my new nurture right 360. I have the egg Turner in for support only. Not plugged in. Cut up a cardboard egg carton so each one will sit in a slot of the Turner. I will also be maintaining 30%-40% humidity for the first 17 days. Since I am dry hatching. But I'll keep an eye on the air cells and see if I do need to raise it any. I will let the eggs Rest[ 24 hours before putting them in the incubator. I'm not going to turn the eggs for the first few days. So we'll see good my hatch rate eggs up being. Wish me luck!!

20200520_112825.jpg
20200520_010457.jpg

I'm trying something new this time around so thought I'd start a new thread to document how everything goes. I'm incubating silkie eggs that traveled 1,070 miles from Florida to Pennsylvania. In my new nurture right 360. I have the egg Turner in for support only. Not plugged in. Cut up a cardboard egg carton so each one will sit in a slot of the Turner. I will also be maintaining 30%-40% humidity for the first 17 days. Since I am dry hatching. But I'll keep an eye on the air cells and see if I do need to raise it any. I will let the eggs Rest[ 24 hours before putting them in the incubator. I'm not going to turn the eggs for the first few days. So we'll see good my hatch rate eggs up being. Wish me luck!!

View attachment 2150135View attachment 2150136
Following! :pop

We got the eggs today! Bought 12. 13 were sent. Came in perfect condition. Hard to tell about the air cells. But from what I can see looks like only maybe 2 are detached. So I'll let them settle until tomorrow evening.
20200520_124938.jpg

So after doing some research and talking to a few different people I decided not to let the eggs Rest for 24 hours. I did let them rest for a few hours and let them come up to room temperature. But I'm going to be incubaing them upright anyways. Now I won't touch them for the next few days. I'll start turning around day 4. Which turning will be just twisting the egg.

I have another set coming in June so we'll see how this works out for these eggs. If it doesn't work out I'll let the other eggs rest for 24 hours

20200520_152755.jpg

Following!
I am also hatching shipped eggs, usps played kickball with!
I lost 3 ebay auctions on silkie eggs!
However i did win isbar, 2 sets of Marans, and a another kind I can’t think of at 5 am!!

I have this same incubator and just set my first batch 2 days ago. Heritage breeds, but I'm insanely curious..... Why the more upright position for the Silkie eggs? Do they hatch better that way vs on their sides?

Back
Top Bottom