D'uccle breeders Database

Pics

i am in Nolanville TX,
I have Mille Fleur (lots), Blue(3), Golden necked (6 breeding age) and one porcelain and one blue mille fleur hen. I currently have 14 offspring from a pen wih 3 black millies, one blue mille and a golden neck roo covering them. I got some normal mille fleur and MOSTLY goldens-not sure if some of the millies might be the blue sort-hard to tell yet. pics posted are of daddy before and after he lost his comb to frostbite and some of the mothers. I will be breeding more in future but want to get some show experience under my belt first. one of my millie hens got best of variety at El paso County fair 4H in 2011. I currently have babies and some adults available for sale.

Thanks for all the advice. I have done all of it and they seem happy. Whats the demand for these little guys? I got into chickens mainly for the egg production, but I really like these babies and am wondering if I should start hatching their eggs? What do they normally sell for? If I wanted to start showing them, what direction should I take? Im lost. Help please.
posting pics in the d'uccle thread is the best way for a critic but since they are hatchery dont get to upset if they arent perfect. my hatchery mille all seem to have to much white on them, beards are small, and wattles are to big. my self blue is hatchery as well his wattles and beard are his biggest flaws that i know of but if im not mistaken they only deduct points for that

if you need any breeding or showing pullets in the spring, let me know
the best age to show d'uccle is at the age of two years,the mottles in their feathers have developed, but if you show them after the age of 3-4 they get too many mottles and are too old for showing
i have barbu d' uccle millefleur
the hen on the left is one year old and the hen on the right is three years old

Well, there you are....although I think she might need glasses!
lol.png

So many duccles and my poor little hen hasn't seen one of her own kind. She needs a Mille Roo!

We are starting with breeding our D'uccle. We've had our cockerel (Porcelain D'uccle) since he was a few days old. His parents come from show stock but we didn't show our cockerel this year because he managed to lose a toe nail.
hmm.png
It is THANKFULLY growing back and the breeder who we bought him from is getting out of the D'uccles sadly so we are buying two hens from her. We anticipate breeding him with them within the next 6-8 weeks (after quarantining the hens) and then running several test batches. My daughter will be showing him in early Spring also to see how we do. I'm thankful for this thread because I need to add a few new lines of hens in with him also. I look forward to seeing how he does and working on what I need to find in new hens after we see what they're throwing.

Thanks!
Tiffany
The Egg Basket
www.TheEggBasket.weebly.com
www.OurEggBasket.blogspot.com

Does anyone know of any breeders around Alabama? I'm new to this site, but after seeing countless pictures and reading the rave reviews about Miller Fleur's, I kind of want to add a couple to my flock.

Back
Top Bottom