D'uccle breeders Database

Pics
This is Rocky..he placed Reserve Featherleg and Best of Breed at the Central Florida Poultry Breeders show last weekend!! go Rocky!!!!!

20935_2011-11-05_153135.jpg

Love my Mille's!!!!

Quote:
I'm thrilled to see you have d'Uccles!

My friend Nancy )who lives a mile from me) says she is about to receive some black silkies from you!

We're a chicken lovin' group here in Central Maine
smile.png

I have only one d'Uccle left but am hoping to get more eventually to join her as we love this breed. Thought I would add a few pics of her for you all to see. We think she is gorgeous
big_smile.png
She is still not quite feathered in from a heavy moult in these pics, will have to get some more soon before she breaks those lovely foot feathers off .... Here is Amber - she is about 4 years old.

2195_020.jpg

2195_028.jpg

2195_019.jpg

2195_dscn0231_130.jpg

Thanks
smile.png
We got her and her 'sister' as extras in some hatching eggs and ended up liking them way more than the original breed we wanted. I am hoping to get some mille fleurs and other colours in the spring. I have some broodies in the brooder right now growing up so that we can have chicks hatching under mommas
smile.png
I would love to breed these birds, they are so beautiful and have the sweetest personalities.

Quote:
I'm thrilled to see you have d'Uccles!

My friend Nancy )who lives a mile from me) says she is about to receive some black silkies from you!

We're a chicken lovin' group here in Central Maine
smile.png

Whoo Hoo!!!! Yes, Nancy is getting some little silkie sweeties! I love my d'Uccles too! I got Champion Featherleg with my silkie and Reserve Featherleg with Rocky! 126 featherlegs

Central Maine has is goin on!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks Westknollamy! We have had a soft spot for d'Uccles for ages but now that we are all moved we can start looking into getting her some buddies and hopefully do some breeding. How did Bo's chicks turn out for you this year? Been dying to see some pics when you have a second to spare from all the chores!

What do you think of Amber as far as a breeding prospect?

I mostly bred Bo to the buff Cochin girls and the chicks all came out looking a lot like him. They were a bit more crele patterned but totally gorgeous. I sold out quickly and have not hatched more. He and his best lady are living in the grow up pen. they have been great to all the myriad babies in ducks, Guineas and tons of chicks in many breeds. I did catch him breeding a duck last spring when his girls were all broody on eggs. The duck was less than pleased and I told him it wasn't very nice. He was never caught at it again.
I get tons of compliments on him and he is a big pet! All the girls we got from you are doing great except we lost a RIR last summer.

As for your Amber, I am no expert on d'Uccles, but she is fabulous and would would definitely look for a fantastic roo to put with her!

Thanks Amy, for the update on Bo... so glad he is working out for you
smile.png
We felt blessed to have been his owners for a while, such a sweetheart. Funny about him trying to breed the duck, I knew that sometimes drakes would try to breed hens but didn't realise it could go the other way! Ha ha, silly boy.

I am trying to get Amber over the last of her moult, she still has pin feathers (seem to be the same ones) that just aren't growing out, have started giving her a protein treat in the mornings and hopefully this will boost her a bit. Have also ended up putting her in the shed with a heat lamp as she seems a bit miserable in the cold at the moment. Hopefully the special treatment will get her going again. I think I am going to mix a bit of ground up dog food into her layer, although maybe I should just take her off the layer right now as she isn't laying and give her the chick starter for a while... what do you guys think? Maybe I'll post on the management or feed threads and see what folks think. Maybe I should get some meal worms
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom