Duck ate mushroom?!

May 6, 2022
Hello, today I let my ducks free range and one ate a white mushroom. I stopped him from eating more than a nibble, but still ate a decent chunk. I a concerned if this will poison him. Does anyone know what time of mushroom this is? And if it helps I live in Texas. Please help!

Attachments

• 20220728_185802.jpg
    20220728_185802.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220728_185747.jpg
    20220728_185747.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank goodness for yalls quick responses. I am glad to see that it is just a harmless mushroom and that my duck will be ok. I will keep an eye on him just in case, but thanks for the help.😄

I think having some Activated charcoal on hand would be good. That way if you suspect one has eaten something toxic you can start a flush right away. Activated charcoal can be found in the antacid aisle in most stores like CVS or Walmart.

I think having some Activated charcoal on hand would be good. That way if you suspect one has eaten something toxic you can start a flush right away. Activated charcoal can be found in the antacid aisle in most stores like CVS or Walmart.
I am very fortunate that the mushroom my duck ate was non-lethal, but in the future just in case something like this happens I will have activated charcoal on hand to help. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom