Duck Breed Focus - Campbell

Hello all! I have two 1 1/2 year old Khaki Campbell hens who are seemingly healthy & happy. They both are about half way through their molt and have officially stopped laying eggs within the last week. Over this last week, day after day the ducks have increasingly gotten louder. Quacking aggressively and without stop over and over all day and all night. It is usually the quack they make when I come out with treats or when they are really upset about something so I am becoming increasingly worried that something might be wrong! I have picked them both up and they seem to be healthy, nothing I can notice. They both are still eating, drinking, and foraging just fine. But also seem to be fighting a lot more, running after the chickens and just being all together really aggressive and really loud, all out of nowhere but at the same time as they stopped laying eggs so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it? Or could they be trying to tell me they are in pain? I'm just so confused. Any and all advice would be so greatly appreciated!!

I don't think pain is the problem...especially if they are still eating....bet it is over when the molt is done...

Hello all! I have two 1 1/2 year old Khaki Campbell hens who are seemingly healthy & happy. They both are about half way through their molt and have officially stopped laying eggs within the last week. Over this last week, day after day the ducks have increasingly gotten louder. Quacking aggressively and without stop over and over all day and all night. It is usually the quack they make when I come out with treats or when they are really upset about something so I am becoming increasingly worried that something might be wrong! I have picked them both up and they seem to be healthy, nothing I can notice. They both are still eating, drinking, and foraging just fine. But also seem to be fighting a lot more, running after the chickens and just being all together really aggressive and really loud, all out of nowhere but at the same time as they stopped laying eggs so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it? Or could they be trying to tell me they are in pain? I'm just so confused. Any and all advice would be so greatly appreciated!!

Hormones going wild?

I just started having ducks for eggs only. I am allergic to chicken eggs and dairy products. finding out that duck eggs have so many values, I had a pool party for them today so they can bond, since they are from two different flocks. I wish I knew what each of them are. Please help me on their breeds.

Before a coyote or bobcat got my ducks, I sold the eggs to people who could not tolerate chicken eggs too. They want eggs again but I am not sure if/when I'll try ducks again. I want them to have their own area and not sure about making more of my yard a duck area.
They're higher in protein and are great for baking. Makes everything richer and more moist!
Enjoy!

I looked for duck eggs to buy but could not find the eggs in my area. I finally had to get my own ducks. We have the land and water and patience. It would be cheaper to buy them but I had no choice. I am doing it for my health, since I have so many allergy`s and sensitive to food and chemicals. The more I learned about the difference with chicken / duck egg, the more I wanted to know. Chicken egg is acid. and Duck egg is alkaline. I will always be monitor`ing them because it just takes once for a disaster to happen. They will have their own area to be in and not our yard. Thank you for your input. I have lots to learn and love it.

I don't think pain is the problem...especially if they are still eating....bet it is over when the molt is done...

That's it and it will.
Hormones going wild?
Boy I just went through this last month with 6 Muscovy ducks they were really chasing each other generally being hateful to the chickens and each other. Molt is over now they are back to being much calmer.

I looked for duck eggs to buy but could not find the eggs in my area. I finally had to get my own ducks. We have the land and water and patience. It would be cheaper to buy them but I had no choice. I am doing it for my health, since I have so many allergy`s and sensitive to food and chemicals. The more I learned about the difference with chicken / duck egg, the more I wanted to know. Chicken egg is acid. and Duck egg is alkaline. I will always be monitor`ing them because it just takes once for a disaster to happen. They will have their own area to be in and not our yard. Thank you for your input. I have lots to learn and love it.

Didn't realize about the ph differences in eggs. Thanx for the info. Yes, I too raise the chickens (and ducks previously) not for economic reasons for sure! I have thousands in my two coops and fencing materials. I'll never recover those expenses but they are enjoyable (most times) and love the fresh quality eggs.

Didn't realize about the ph differences in eggs. Thanx for the info. Yes, I too raise the chickens (and ducks previously) not for economic reasons for sure! I have thousands in my two coops and fencing materials. I'll never recover those expenses but they are enjoyable (most times) and love the fresh quality eggs.
Yeah the way I spoil my ducks I bet I'm paying$10 an egg

Yeah the way I spoil my ducks I bet I'm paying$10 an egg
X2 lol

X2 We put more money into our ducks and chickens than our other livestock.

Back
Top Bottom