Duck Breed Focus - Pekin

Hello good evening:
I'm wondering if someone can sell me a baby duck for this Christmas. Please let me know the price. I will really appreciate it, it as a gift for my sister since her Las duck passed away months ago.

I own a pekin named Ming-Ming. She gives us huge eggs, hardy ever goes broody, and has to be the world's nicest and tamest ducks! If you dont have one I suggest you get one unless you live in a suburban area due to them being very loud.

Hi Miss Lydia, thanks for the info. Shazam, 80 years old?!?
ep.gif

Welcome to BYC @Teri313 ! Great story about Sophie, I'm glad you were able to save her from freezer camp. I don't know much about geese, I'm kind of surprised they live that long...that's making a long term commitment taking them on.

You'll have fun with the chickens you plan on getting. I love my little flock of 10. I'm kind of headed in the opposite direction from where you're going with birds...I started with chickens and plan on getting into ducks next year. These duck focus threads have been very informative.

Nice to have you here, see you around the boards!
And maybe a few years later some geese @NorthFLChick
lol.png

And maybe a few years later some geese @NorthFLChick
lol.png

Absolutely! Hope I don't have to wait a few years. I've kind of been side-tracked with ducks and that's what I'll get in the spring but geese are still a big one on the list.
wink.png

If @sumi starts a breed focus thread on geese, I'm a goner.

I'm going to do geese after I've done all the duck breeds @NorthFLChick
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom