Duck brooder

FeelingDucky

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2017
Another question for all you lovely people!
263a.png
We ordered our ducklings and they are set to arrive 15 March. What size brooder box should we build for 10 ducklings? All I can find is info on chick brooders, so I thought I would ask on here. Something pretty simple in design, so I would also love to see some pics of yours. Thanks!

I've never had that many ducklings at one time lol
hide.gif

But, because you have so many of them, you might find it easier to have more than one brooder. I'm not talking about separating, I'm saying this:

Imagine: Ten small fluffy ducklings in a large rubber maid tub, a (dry) kiddie pool, or a (dry) bathtub, etc This works very well for a while (The time frame depends on how large the brooder is), but then they get too big for the brooder! When this happened for us, we moved them down into our garage: We put plastic on the floor, put babygates around the plastic, piled on the pine shavings, topped this off with food and water and a heat lamp.

It may be easier for you to do that. Two temporary brooders, see?
Hope I helped...

@QuackSpeak Actually that sounds perfect, thanks! We have a large barn with an open area in the middle that we should be able to finish them in.

I've never had that many ducklings at one time lol :oops:

But, because you have so many of them, you might find it easier to have more than one brooder. I'm not talking about separating, I'm saying this:

Imagine: Ten small fluffy ducklings in a large rubber maid tub, a (dry) kiddie pool, or a (dry) bathtub, etc This works very well for a while (The time frame depends on how large the brooder is), but then they get too big for the brooder! When this happened for us, we moved them down into our garage: We put plastic on the floor, put babygates around the plastic, piled on the pine shavings, topped this off with food and water and a heat lamp.

It may be easier for you to do that. Two temporary brooders, see?
Hope I helped...

Great advise......well said.......

Cheers!!!

Back
Top Bottom