duck coops

Quote:
Well, I used exterior grade paint on mine, and I've found that paint (even good exterior paint) tends to bubble, peel, and weather when it's always getting wet.

Something like deck stain, on the other hand, is designed to withstand rain, so it's going to last longer for you than paint - plus, stain won't peel off and possibly be ingested by your ducks.

For my pens, I spent a little extra and bought treated plywood that was supposed to be water resistant for the roof and floor - that was a very BAD idea. Not only has the cheap plywood held up just as well as the treated stuff, but the treated plywood warped terribly during the summer, leaving gaps where my hinged roofs close.
hmm.png

Mine is just plywood and a 2x4 frame. There are hinges on the top, so half of it flips up so it's easy to clean or get into for eggs. For winter I'll have to figure out something different, but for now it works. They only go in it in the daytime when it's very hot for shade. Even though they have lots of trees to lay under.....

5-27-09004.jpg

I love your pond!! How did you make the pump?

Mine is just plywood and a 2x4 frame. There are hinges on the top, so half of it flips up so it's easy to clean or get into for eggs. For winter I'll have to figure out something different, but for now it works. They only go in it in the daytime when it's very hot for shade. Even though they have lots of trees to lay under.....

5-27-09004.jpg

what a clever idea with all the rocks but i wonder how one would dump that pool? perhaps their is a drain, old post so hard to know.

Yes just make sure to coat/seal it because you don't want the plywood getting wet alot.

Back
Top Bottom