Duck dynasty "carrot call" hilarious!!!

Only took 10 posts to make this about oppressed Christians and gun owners. New record.
yuckyuck.gif

Only took 10 posts to make this about oppressed Christians and gun owners. New record.
tongue2.gif

Who said anything about oppression? I'm saying that they don't like to show such things on TV. Even the hunting shows - they may show the folks shooting the guns, they may show the hunter posing with his quarry after the kill, but you don't see the duck falling from the sky (not the shows I've ever seen, anyway) We have an odd sort of squeamishness about some things.

Last edited:
Thai, the trend in the US has always been to "shoot the messenger," hadn't you noticed? In the electronic media, there is a long-standing prejudice against things Christian. I've heard that way, way back in the 60's, because of the tight shooting schedule, A Charlie Brown Christmas aired before the network had a chance to preview it. It was very nearly pulled in mid-broadcast because of Linus's little sermon. Hard as it may be to believe, there is an anti-gun bias in this country, too. Think about how many "heros" from American popular culture will duke it out with the worst of them, but never use a gun - it's always the bad guys that get the lead flying. I'm a little surprised that the guys on DD have even been allowed to shoot golf balls - just discharging the guns on camera is getting into uneasy territory.

Shooting the messenger isn't confined to tv shows!

I'm surprised at what you say about prejudice against Christians and guns. Don't you have a lot of channels dedicated to Christianity on US tv? I'm not aware of any that promote other faiths, though. What is particularly sad is the trend in the US and UK to ban public Christmas and other celebrations for fear of offending those of other faiths. I hold the view that, if one is offended by others celebrating their respective faiths, then ones own faith can't be that strong.

I don't want to get into a gun debate here but I see many gun-violent tv movies, mainly from the US as it happens but that's a scheduling issue. Thai soaps are also full of gun violence. Any violence on tv is a bad example to viewers but it does make good viewing, I suppose.

I believe that the DD folk are doing nothing offensive, even though some of it might seem juvenile at times. Just a bit of fun in a world that is very dark at times.

I love the camouflage fabrics that they wear. They sell samples from their website but you have to accept the DD logo writ large on the front. I see also that Swamp People are now wearing the same. I have some shirts in a toned down similar pattern for normal wear but, if the DD fabric catches on I'll have some. I live in the land of copies so it might not be long!

Back
Top Bottom